The Box

Sentient 6

harmless parasite
Jan 16, 2006
everywhere yet nowhere
Has anyone seen it? I'm sure it will bomb at the box office, and then become a cult classic on DVD. Being a huge fan of Donnie Darko I knew what to expect but damn it was fucking weird. I guess the fact that I haven't been able to stop thinking about what the fuck it all meant since the credits rolled means it was good, but I'm still not sure if I liked it or not, I think it might be brilliant, but I'm pretty sure the average person going to the movies will think it's a convoluted piece of steaming dung

It's not released until February here, but I'm interested in it. I like Donnie Darko, with some reservations, and I'm one of the few people who really, really dug Southland Tales, so I'll check out The Box when it finally hits too.

That said, I don't always hold to the tenet (which Kelly has really went for) that to be insightful you need to be borderline incomprehensible. Nevertheless, I like his movies anyways.

I am a huge fan of the twilight zone episode based on the story (in my opinion, its the best episode of the twilight zone there is). Haven't seen this version yet, but... as long as kelly stuck to the gist of it, it should be good. Kinda hard to fuck up.

Is this ending change for the better or for worse?

And yeah, I gotta say, the trailer seemed very 1980's twilight zone-ish. I dug it. Probably see it sometime this week.

Speaking of movies, I had better buy my sundance tickets for this year. Last year I almost didn't get a single day. Gotta buy them way ahead these days.