The Breathing Shadow Concept

madu

Jul 21, 2005
In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend
Someone just asked on another forum if the TBS concept was based on a book, and Metal-Archives says Dan must be a Douglas Adams fan, as this is Part 4 of the Breathing Shadow trilogy. for Alive Again. So I put 2 and 2 together and remember the most recent Douglas Adams book I've read, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, which did involve dying people becoming ghosts that then possess other people to do their bidding, just like in Dan's story.

Correct? I've always really loved the lyrics of the first 4 NG albums, and if there's a Douglas Adams influence, wow, I'm going to love them even more!

Hi there...

The concept from TBS is all from my imagination. I don´t read that many books....and about all this reborn and soultrading and stuff....Joss Whedon (Angel, Buffy etc.) have a few good things like this....

What songs belong to TBS and what is the correct order I know they don't come in the order of the CDs released and not all of the CDs are part of it. Can someone list the songs and the order they're supposed to come in?

The order is:
01) "I"
02) "The Breathing Shadow"
03) "The Closing Chronicles"
04) "Alive Again, Part IV"

and yeah, the first song on Invisible is also part of the story.

mattcira said:
Dan has some pretty cool stories about the recording sessions from the Breathing Shadow album. Maybe he'll share them on here... one of them is straight out of a horror movie...
i would love to hear it!

this thread got me into listening to them all at once in that order :D