The Breathing Shadow - Theme

Feb 26, 2007
The theme in The Breathing Shadow four-parted-trilogy is something I have been planning to get into some day or the other. I mean, of course I have some ideas what's happening in the story since I have been listening Nightingale for a long time but it's always hard to get focused on the story if you don't actually read the lyrics and know the whole thing from the beginning to the end.

One pretty interesthing thing in the theme is the order. I mean, first I thought that it goes on and on starting with The Breathing Shadow and ending to Alive Again. I think this isn't so, eh? I mean, after I looked at the lyrics for a while I noticed that the order is a little different, isn't it. Am I right if I say that "I" is the first part of the theme, "The Closing Chronicles" is the second part, "The Breathing Shadow" (or most of it?) is the "last" part and "Alive Again again the last part, but then on "Invisible" the first track "Still Alive" continues the theme for one last time. This is something I'm not sure even now but if someone knows these things better then go ahead and say how it is so I don't get it wrong.

And of course, I would like to hear other peoples opinions and thoughts about the whole theme. What is it about? What happens in the story? Is the story supposed to be listened/read at the same order as the albums go? And so on. Of course there are certain meanings in the story but at the same time all the people may read it in a different way and that's why I would like to hear what is it really about and also some other kinds of thoughts about it.

So go ahead.