The Browning - Not Alone (I recorded it, mixed by Cameron Mizell of Chango)

Those guitar's sound really thin and low in the mix compared to everything else. The overhead's sound good and the drum's sound good. But those synths are to loud compared to everything else. I bet your mix would of came out better. No offence to Cameron's work but his stuff is hit or miss

Those guitar's sound really thin and low in the mix compared to everything else. The overhead's sound good and the drum's sound good. But those synths are to loud compared to everything else. I bet your mix would of came out better. No offence to Cameron's work but his stuff is hit or miss

Definitely agree with you man! Synth stuff is too loud, vocals are buried. Guitars are very thin. The master sounds like its distorting!

hahaha, applesauce? I love applesauce, and coincidentally, I'm cleaning the fridge right now and there's a 6 pack of applesauce in here from when The Browning were out, lol!... is that a good thing or bad thing?

Still can't get over the irony of needing to hit 'like' to play a song. It's like the definition of catch 22. You can't know whether you like it unless you listen to it in the first place.

Yeah to be honest I instantly close the window if this occurs, won't even listen, seems totally presumptuous.

Same reaction if I see bands on my news feed begging for 'likes' instantly go over there and asshole-fu them by disliking them.

How does everything sound compared to the original tracks you recorded? Do you know if he reamped the guitars or triggered different drum sounds?

Yeah, he reamped the guitars and used a different kick sound. I believe he used the rest of the drum kit I recorded, but everyone mixes live drums differently.

Listened to it, meh. Also just so you guys know, when you like it the page automatically reposts it on your feed.

I really like how vocals are not too loud, synths are in the lead and the rest comes behind that.. nice!
It's great material as well btw, love this band.. dont like how i have to "like" it before i even listened to it though.

Also, it's clipping when things in the low end department come together.. weird mix, but good music!

It's definitely a lot different than the way I'd mix it. I'm thinking about tossing my own version of "Not Alone" up on my player once I get around to updating it. The drum tones we got from their drummer were soooooooooo amazing, but they sound totally different now :\