Our debut album, Mixed by Ermz, Mastered by Plec

Ravenous37

New Metal Member
Hey guys, been lurking on this forum a while, don't really post much, but appreciate all this forum does and i have learnt a lot from being here.

I'm the vocalist/guitarist for the Australian Metal/Metalcore/whateveryouwanttocallus band Naberus, and we have just released our debut album "Reveries"

it's recorded by Ermz (Ermin Hamidovic) and Melb_shredder (Chris Themelco).
Mixed by Ermz and mastered by Plec (Thomas Johansson).

I'm extremely happy with the job that all of these guys have done and would love to hear some feedback on it.

http://naberus.bandcamp.com/album/reveries

www.facebook.com/naberusband

It was a challenging project, but I think we brought the goods in the end. I'm especially happy with how it stylistically seems to harken back at the early '00 era of melodeath production, rather than the very sterilized aesthetic of today.

Here are some of the songs the guys have put out:

Last edited by a moderator:
You already know my thoughts dude. It was a pleasure to be a part of this record, and it's one of my favorite released of the year so far \m/

The snare is a 70/30 blend in favor of the raw sound. The drummer had a great Ddrum snare and played a lot of flourishes so it was important to keep as much nuance as possible.

The rhythms were run through Chris' 6505+ with Winged Cs and the leads were run through my 6505 with JJs, both boosted by a TS, running into a Mesa 4x12.

Thanks guys for the album. It arrived this week in germany :D
Really dig it!

And it's very interesting to compare Ermz' earlier mix from The Fallen EP with the Album Version :)