The cheese in Opeth

Well, here we are.. "The cheesy about Opeth"? heh.
I don't find anything cheesy.. well, I also watch romantic dramas.

Moonlapse: The Orchid lyrics?.. ok, they contain a lot of romantic "shit".. but it doesn't have to mean that it's cheesy imo. :) If you do it the right way, like Åkerfeldt did, it's not cheesy. Also, think of "Beauty and the beast" (damn, now it turned cheesy). Forget that.

As someone said, the ending at "By the pain i see in others" are strange, almost cheesy. So I'll go for that.

Well, I never said romance was cheesy. I just think the lyrics to 'Master's Apprentices' sound cheesy, with the freedom and everything hehe.

LOL @ _Transparent_

i think opeth would sound really cheesy with dan swano clean vocals, like on Deaths design (DM) on around the 30th track, the ''you can see him, but dont try to hide, then you will wake up...something something...'' but i think its meant to sound cheesy on that part, good thing for Mikael hes got a really good clean voice.

yeah and i sorta agree with Lier In Wait about the new cd front cover, i like just about everything except the doll on the bed, and the face in the door window thing.

i think the "oohs" and "aahs" in "Master's Apprentics" kinda ruin the atmosphere that the song tries to follow. Also, the part when the "aahs" get really happy (2 measures before the heavy part) makes me want to hurl

Yes, I agree that Dan Swano clean vocals often run a thin line between cheese and greatness. He has a great range and voice but it still often sounds a bit cheesy.

But once you get used to it it ain't so bad.

Originally posted by x_0PETH_x
i think the "oohs" and "aahs" in "Master's Apprentics" kinda ruin the atmosphere that the song tries to follow. Also, the part when the "aahs" get really happy (2 measures before the heavy part) makes me want to hurl

That part is pretty cool!

Originally posted by x_0PETH_x

Dude, in my view, these actually MAKE the song great! They help to put it "over the top", adding to the atmosphere & melancholy of the middle-part!!!!!