The Church - Under the Milky Way (March Hare cover)

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
I posted a version of this cover song a few years ago but now its finally complete due to the fact that I'm the biggest procrastinator and slowest mixer in the history of this forum. I'm stoked about this mix though so its getting uploaded to see how you gents like it. The guitars have been Kemperized thanks to Lasse's amp pack. The Shotgun blast profile has become my go-to sound. I've also recently purchased Slate's VCC and VBC which are used heavily on this, along with Slate's VTM pretty much on every track in the mix. Drums are Superior Avatar and bass is PODX3. I hope you enjoy and forgive the shitty soundcloud conversion.

https://soundcloud.com/splat88/march-hare-under-the-milky-way/s-9PTFr

what do you use for your vocal chain? Especially on the song "Lost at Sea"? What about the clean and ambient guitars? Great stuff btw.

wohoo! I always love hearing new stuff from you, even if its old. Love the new Drums, Vox sound incredible, Guitars sit really well in the mix as well. Overall very balanced, me likey. Album release date? No pressure :D

what do you use for your vocal chain? Especially on the song "Lost at Sea"? What about the clean and ambient guitars? Great stuff btw.

Vocal chain involved waves Rvox, Rcomp, L1 and then a bunch of different PodFarm delays. I love PodFarm effects, especially the delays. Reverbs on both were Cubase's stock reverb.
Ambient guitars were Waves GTR right out of the stock presets list.

The voice sounds quite awesome but a bit too upfront in the mix.

Yeah, I've been getting that comment a lot. I mix 100% on headphones. I have Alesis M1's but I want to buy some little "real world" speakers to reference through, like a little boom box or something.

Great news!

Your work is awesome!!

Congratz from Brasil!

I posted a version of this cover song a few years ago but now its finally complete due to the fact that I'm the biggest procrastinator and slowest mixer in the history of this forum. I'm stoked about this mix though so its getting uploaded to see how you gents like it. The guitars have been Kemperized thanks to Lasse's amp pack. The Shotgun blast profile has become my go-to sound. I've also recently purchased Slate's VCC and VBC which are used heavily on this, along with Slate's VTM pretty much on every track in the mix. Drums are Superior Avatar and bass is PODX3. I hope you enjoy and forgive the shitty soundcloud conversion.

https://soundcloud.com/splat88/march-hare-under-the-milky-way/s-9PTFr