the closest thing to Electric Wizard?

zabu of nΩd

Free Insultation
Feb 9, 2007
I love Electric Wizard, and I want to find more bands that sound like them. Throbbing, wall-shattering, deep-as-fuck guitars; lots of bass; hypnotic sound effects; good recording quality; that kind of thing. My favorite albums of theirs: Come, My Fanatics... and Dopethrone.

Ha, I do too actually. Come My Fanatics is such a great album. Dopethrone too.

Check out Sleep. They're not as good but you may like them. I'd go with Holy Mountain and if you're man enough check out Dopesmoker.

Ha, I do too actually. Come My Fanatics is such a great album. Dopethrone too.

Check out Sleep. They're not as good but you may like them. I'd go with Holy Mountain and if you're man enough check out Dopesmoker.

Eh, I've already listened to Sleep. Didn't impress me nearly as much as Wizard. While they do have the same basic formula, Wizard has a much fuller sound. For Wizard, it's just as much about the sound as it is the music.

The closest thing to E.W. is definetaly Sleep's "Jerusalem".

Haven't listened to this album, though. I guess I'll give it a try.

Well... I gave Jerusalem a listen, and I must say that's some pretty Zen shit. They definitely got the stoner vibe down on that one. A little diversity wouldn't hurt though. I was wondering why they named all the tracks the same. :lol:

Already have - Goblin doesn't really sound like Wizard. Much more rock 'n' roll sounding, and faster-paced.

It is definetely more punk driven but their older stuff is a lot slower. It is the same style of music, comparing the two is a bit like comparing My Dying Bride to Paradise Lost in the early years of their careers.