The Community Spirit

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
First of all, I just want to say Hi to everyone - I met loads of cool people (from both band and fan arena) and each day was just awesome. It was kind of like hanging out with old friends even though we'd just met! Thanks to Glenn for bringing everyone together for such a fantastic event. Special word out to the metal bro's: Markgugs, Metal Thailand (who flew all the way in from Bangkok), DarkOne (jason) & Scott from Phili, and Chris (this guy is just nuts)!

Secondly, kudos to the bands for being so accessible. An experience I will never forget is having dinner with Angra on Thursday night before the pre-party, then getting drunk with Edguy (my heroes) at the pre-party show. [POINT WORTH NOTING: The bands at the pre-party show were fantastic, especially Magistral and Cea Serin]. Friday night was awesome because we got to meet and spend time with Jon Schaeffer, and he even let me interview him.

Above all though, I feel SO proud for Edguy who basically stole the entire show IMO. And the fact that this is the general consensus amongst everyone makes me feel great because they were the number one band I came all the way to Atlanta to see! Thank god the best of European metal is making waves again in the good ol' USA. Next time, Edguy must headline!!!

Cheers everyone!