The Crue still shits all over new bands ...

NADatar said:
Guns n' Roses are about the only band of the whole buttrock genre that I would classify as BAD FUCKING ASS.

The rest can all be Bon Jovi for all I care.

PS: Bon Jovi sux

No no no....

W.A.S.P

:kickass:

And if there's any debate about Motley Crue or GnR being "metal", make no mistake, WASP are metal as fukkk.

i dont hate the Motleys, but I never got into any of those band who were in it for "sex, drugs, and rock n roll"

basically bon jovi with make up and leather and satanic symbols to appeal to mindless teens.

that said, i dig some of their tracks.

but yeah GNR were better at playing buttrock.

To continue the Motley Crue debate we had over email, the new Bret Michaels "Sex, Drugs, and Eyeliner", tune topples the Crue. Pop is supposed to be catchy, is it not?!?! Plenty of hot babes in this vid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I know you hate the new Crue, but what is redeemable about that? That's an awful song. Hard to determine what's worse, the melody, vocals, guitar or the awful drum sound. And that doesn't take into account the lyrics,references his TV show and a thousand other 80s songs.

Come on... tell me this isn't the cooler video/song:

Zod

Last edited by a moderator:
Second video no longer available. Made it through 12 seconds of the first one before I threw up.

and his breast are small and humble ... so you don't confuse them with mountains

Just thinking about the Crue makes me want to puke.
You know who was awesome though, for real, was Def Leppard.

WHILE YOU WERE SHOUTING AT THE DEVIL....We were in LEAGUE!!! :p

Oh yeah... WASP IS THE SHIT!

How can anyone like Bret Micheals more than the Crue? At least the crue still have all their original hair.

I'm gonna assume this is a generational thing :ill:

Absolutely. I was in 5th grade when Shout At The Devil was released. Up to that point, my favorite band (the ONLY band) was Kiss. I was a 12 year old little rebel in a catholic grade school, and wanted nothing more than to be a fucking rock star. Then Crue came out and it was all over. I can completely understand how people coming into metal today (or in the 90's, for that matter) laugh them off but, for me (and many of my contemporaries), the Crue were awesome. Had I been 20 or 25, it might have been more of a joke, but as a young kid, they were gods to me.

The Crue were fucking rock stars. They were larger than life. They were gods.

I don't expect someone whose teenage years didn't occur during the 80s to grasp that. It is, to a large extant, a generational thing. To take their music out of context, and compare Girls, Girls, Girls to the latest by Negura Bunget, will obviously seem silly to anyone whose between 15 and 25 now.* That said, all the music in Norway combined will never impact me the way Shout at the Devil did when I was 15.

Zod

*Actually, if you played Motley Crue and Negura Bunget for people who are between 15 and 25 now, 99.9999 percent would prefer Crue. I was more less referring to the 8 people who still read this forum.