The Daily Camera/ Mirror picture

Well, in the US guy stuff isn't cut that way usually because most guys aren't so small. It looks Italian, actually. Either that or he bought a feminine jacket because the others don't fit...he's a pretty skinny dude so I wouldn't be surprised.

It looks good on him. Che figo.

Chris you bring up an interesting point I noticed / talked to my friends about:
Stuff that are considered 'gay' looking according the American men, is 'normal' in Europe... (and especially Italy...)
all those low-cut Diesel/ Lee Cooper jeans with the tight tops for men- they are considered homosexual here, while in Europe
it's completely hetero.

Funny.

Haha, well that depends on the people wearing some of the stuff here. If it's overly extravagant looking, even for Italians, then it just looks gawdy to everyone. However, clothes are definitely cut differently here and they look better on you. It sorta is the fashion capital of the world, so it's not surprising that they design most of the clothes for appearance rather than functionality.

Honestly though, I can't buy the typical Italian stuff here (apart from the suits like Armani, which are custom-tailored)...my shoulders, chest, back, and arms are too broad for the shirts and I have no ass at all for the pants...also I don't wanna look like I'm trying to smuggle sausages. I can't stand baggy and saggy pants, but I equally detest pants that cut off my circulation. I usually end up going to Austria/Slovenia for my clothes shopping.

I've got an Armani, and I must say that it's the most beautiful-looking and great-fitting suit I've ever had. It's a shame I bought it so long ago, right after coming back from Iraq. It's much too small for me now.

I'm also not a very big fan of Dolce & Gabbana. Their stuff just looks like Eurotrash, especially the sunglasses.

LMFAO @ the manbags...but the suit at 2:58 is really nice, as well as the one at 6:38. That one is fuckin' nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the clothes in Europe are cut so differently than the US ones. The US ones are wider and baggier, even when you buy 'tight' here, it is at least double the width of what it would be like in Europe. Different cuts for different cultures :)

I sometimes find myself torn though... I love fashion so much and I love the way men dress up in Europe,
but also , I love the 'manly' US style of... 'no style' (if that makes sense)

I sometimes find myself torn though... I love fashion so much and I love the way men dress up in Europe,
but also , I love the 'manly' US style of... 'no style' (if that makes sense)

Makes perfect sense. I feel the same way. I'm all about a great-fitting pair of blue jeans. They're just so comfortable. It's nice when you look in the mirror and for once like what you see.

It's sort of ironic, but Dockers are very expensive here and people love them. You'll pay around 80-100 euros for a single pair. That's quite average for high-fashion stuff, but these are Dockers, not Prada. Levi's are quite expensive as well.

I always just end up buying cheap shit from H&M. It fits, looks fairly nice on me, and although they don't last long, they're cheap enough that if you need to buy them again they won't break the bank.

Chris you bring up an interesting point I noticed / talked to my friends about:
Stuff that are considered 'gay' looking according the American men, is 'normal' in Europe... (and especially Italy...)
all those low-cut Diesel/ Lee Cooper jeans with the tight tops for men- they are considered homosexual here, while in Europe
it's completely hetero.

Funny.

These days fashion for guys is pretty "gay". I'm 100% certain if I went over to the US people would think I was a right queer. Anyway, the double-breasted coat is ridiculously in vogue at the moment, so beard hole guy knows his stuff

[/gay]