The Daily Camera/ Mirror picture

I don't visit in the Summer. I was there for two weeks in 2007 in July and I'm sure as fuckass not doing that again. WINTER ONLY!

The honey BBQ chicken sandwich is great, but given the choice, I'd rather eat it in a state that doesn't have shitty, muggy, oppressive weather.

The ones that like it the most are pretty honest about it. In the Fall/Winter/Spring, it's a cool place to visit and hang around. In the summer, it can up and around 38c and 85% humidity.

Texans badmouthing Texas?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

I've found that most Texans do, at least the ones from down south. Some of the areas further north don't seem so bad. I'll likely be moving out of the Rio Grande Valley in the coming months, and I'm really looking forward to it.

It's fucking brutal outside you guys...

Some days I walk out to go to work, and by the time I get in the car I'm already sick from heat exhaustion. It's fucking terrible.

The Honey BBQ Chicken Sandwich ALMOST makes it worth it, though.

McAllen. I guess the people around here do have a certain kind of charm. Most people around here are actually really nice, and I get along well with most of them, but it's really difficult for me to find anyone I feel I can actually relate to. It's just a different culture, I guess. Plus, the weather sucks 360 days out of the year, the overall scenery is pretty ugly, and while it's a very rapidly developing area, it still manages to be difficult to find anything worth doing. Most people just get high and/or drunk in their free time for lack of anything better to do.

Pretty much. The Mexican food down here is excellent, though. We have chains like El Pato and Taqueria El Zarape that I may actually miss when I'm gone. Hell, even the tacos from some of the convenience stores are pant-shittingly delicious.

I'm looking at the 10 day forecast and all I see are suns and 100 degrees. No chance of rain though, so at least it won't be humid. And it is nice to hear the locusts buzzing; we have locusts here EVERY year, but for the past couple of years we almost haven't had any around my house. I think it's because in 2007 the city tore up all that land next to our house to put new sewer pipes in, destroying all the locusts in the ground. Cicadas, locusts...we call them locusts.

I think they're cute.
3KDRIQDRIQFRXQ3RIQTRQQQ0W0K090S0XQDR0QTRKQ00W0K07Q00MQ3RXQL09000203RRQ3QI0DQX0.jpg

Ever have to chase illegals out of your yard with a stick?

Nah. We have a dog for that.

I'm looking at the 10 day forecast and all I see are suns and 100 degrees. No chance of rain though, so at least it won't be humid. And it is nice to hear the locusts buzzing; we have locusts here EVERY year, but for the past couple of years we almost haven't had any around my house. I think it's because in 2007 the city tore up all that land next to our house to put new sewer pipes in, destroying all the locusts in the ground. Cicadas, locusts...we call them locusts.

I think they're cute.
3KDRIQDRIQFRXQ3RIQTRQQQ0W0K090S0XQDR0QTRKQ00W0K07Q00MQ3RXQL09000203RRQ3QI0DQX0.jpg

Down here, the humidity is somewhat suffocating even if we don't get rain. :( Walking out to my car is enough exposure for me to feel sticky. The locusts (we call them that, too) aren't usually too bad where I live now, but in my last place of Texas residence, we were surrounded by a dense area of mesquite trees, so we were treated to a deafening roar all summer.