The Darkness are a bunch of shits!

evilnell

Mar 25, 2003
Liverpool
Visit site
Okay, I understand that this is somthing of a turn around in my viewpoint, and I know that most if you are thinking 'we told you so', but the darkness really are a bunch of shits. I went to see them play tonight, as quite a thousand or so others did. The gig began well (Three Inches of Blood shook the shit out of all the indie fans in the house). But things began to turn sour when thirty minutes after 3 inches left the stage there was still no sign of the band. By fifty minutes after the support left the stage the crowd was getting restless- booing a plenty! It was not until 1 HOUR and FIFTEEN MINUTES of waiting that the venue announced that the darkness would not be playing as the singer was in hospital with a throat infection. THROAT INFECTION MY ARSE! If the singer was so sick that he had to be hospitalised then they must have known hours before the gig that they weren't going to be able to play...me thinks they wanted to get everyone inside the venue so they could off load a few t shirts on the audience before letting us all in on the joke.
Wouldn't buy anything by them ever again!

Don't want to say I told you so...

So I won't

:D

They probably got lost on the way to the stage.

Rip-off merchants anyway

Equal parts AC/DC, Queen and Spinal Tap.

3 inches of Blood any good at the gig?

I've still not heard anything,by them, I'll download some right now in fact.

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
3 inches of Blood any good at the gig?

I've still not heard anything,by them, I'll download some right now in fact.

3 Inches were fantastic. Some of the crowd really seemed to be getting into them, but quite a lot of them looked a little scared. I think they were a bit too much metal for your average darkness fan. 3 inches are playing barfly on Thu night, tickets are only £6- can't wait. At least they bother to play!

OH MY GOD! People on The Darkness website are having ago at the people from the Liverpool gig for complaining about the way they were treated! Some one's put a post on their message board, supposedly from the singer, and they're all "Oh, get well Justin, we love you so much....Thinking of you etc etc". In the words of Wayne Campbell (of Wayne's World fame) "Do you think I'm a gulla-bull? Or even a gulla-calf?" Besides, if the post is true and the singer really was in the hospital down the road from the venue then surely the rest of the band could have come down and explained to the fans in person. Darkness fans are psychotic in their devotion to the band! They're human beings- they're not beyond criticism!!

You don't go to hospital for a throat infection, no the wonder the NHS is on it's knees with with time wasting pricks like him clogging up the system!

evilnell said:
3 Inches were fantastic. Some of the crowd really seemed to be getting into them, but quite a lot of them looked a little scared. I think they were a bit too much metal for your average darkness fan. 3 inches are playing barfly on Thu night, tickets are only £6- can't wait. At least they bother to play!

What time are they playing, I fancy that myself, That Bonded By Metal gig got me in the mood for gigs again.

They sound good, kind of like a retarded Iron Maiden, in the best possible way of course.

Yeah The Darkness just have a bad attitude, they don't seem to care about their fans, they're making plenty of money now so I don't suppose they care.

I think I shall have to check out the message board.

evilnell said:
3 Inches were fantastic. Some of the crowd really seemed to be getting into them, but quite a lot of them looked a little scared.
FNARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!! Actually that reminds me of a joke.......

A woman walks into a bar and asks for a double-entendre. The barman promptly gives her one......

My sister works for the Entertainment company at Liverpool Uni that held this gig and I feel, even though I have no love for the band myself I must some of put you straight on what actually happened.

She was looking after the Darkness. They were desperate to play, as Liverpool Uni was one of the first places to give them a gig when they started out, which was in front of only 27 people so they were playing this gig at the same venue as pay back even though they had offers from bigger venues in the city.

The singer had nodules on his throat and it was a doctor that came from the hospital that said basically if he went out and performed he could be risking his carrer.

The reason it took so long was because they were trying all sorts of remedies but nothing satisfied the doctor.

My sister says that the singer was actually in tears because he was so gutted. Sounds like a bit of a wuss but there you go.

As a way of making up to the fans thay are going to be playing two gigs at the Uni as soon as he is well enough.

I think you have to agree that this is not what a bunch of shits would do and my sis actually said they are really plesent compared to most the bands she has met.

Eagle said:
Maybe it's a malignant oesophageal growth?
A malignant oesophageal growth would be tumour of the Oesophages. The oesophogus is conserned with digestion not respiration. You may have ment the Trachea which we all know to be the wind pipe or throat. Sorry to get technical but it needs to be corrected....sorry!.

Ebbo said:
I think you have to agree that this is not what a bunch of shits would do and my sis actually said they are really plesent compared to most the bands she has met.

OH! Now you've made me feel guilty. Yes, of course I agree with you in light of what you have said. You have to understand that I was pretty upset when I posted that message thow- I'd just had my night out wrecked! I'll give em another chance.

Crying you say? Aww.

The G man said:
A malignant oesophageal growth would be tumour of the Oesophages. The oesophogus is conserned with digestion not respiration. You may have ment the Trachea which we all know to be the wind pipe or throat. Sorry to get technical but it needs to be corrected....sorry!.

throat, the front part of the neck, containing the gullet and windpipe; the gullet, the pharynx, the windpipe, the larynx.

Looks like we're both right.

The general cd buying public like the Darkness. The album is listenable but they forget that The Who - AC/DC - The Rolling Stones have all been playing this sort of music for years.
The charts have been so stagnated with 'bands' that cannot play an instument or even write songs that The Darkness seem so new and fresh to them. They are the clean side of rock. We rock fans are still seen as some sort of unknown creatures that should not be mentioned and only allowed out on Halloween.
OK so some of you are like that but that is besides the point. o_O
Checkout the film Trick or Treat we were classed as weird years ago and when I was in school in the early 80's I was considered unbalanced as I listened to metal and not the pop stuf.
CRAZY! :loco:

akirasan said:
The general cd buying public like the Darkness. The album is listenable but they forget that The Who - AC/DC - The Rolling Stones have all been playing this sort of music for years.
The charts have been so stagnated with 'bands' that cannot play an instument or even write songs that The Darkness seem so new and fresh to them. They are the clean side of rock. We rock fans are still seen as some sort of unknown creatures that should not be mentioned and only allowed out on Halloween.
OK so some of you are like that but that is besides the point. o_O
Checkout the film Trick or Treat we were classed as weird years ago and when I was in school in the early 80's I was considered unbalanced as I listened to metal and not the pop stuf.
CRAZY! :loco:

shouldn't it be Helloween :lol: and I hold up my hands to say that I should only be allowed out once a year but to do that they have to catch me first :lol: :loco: :loco:

At least the Darkness are making up for it by playing a few other gigs in the city.

I remember having tickets to see Ozzy and Fear Factory in Newport a few years back and I travelled from Cornwall to Wales to find that the gig had been pulled as Ozzy was ill. As pissed off as I was, it was ok as the date was to be resheduled.
Then with about two weeks to go until the resheduled date, I had a letter telling me that ,"due to US commitments" the gig had been cancelled.
Funny how Ozzy has done exactly the same again this time, isn't it. Usless twat!