The Dear Hunter

BRI

Dec 30, 2004
I think this may be a split issue on these forums. I only found out about this band recently off of progarchives, but I must say they are really superb. I loved so many albums from 2007, but literally one listen of their album (Act II: The Meaning of & All Things Regarding Ms. Leading) made me think was the album of the year (as it was voted on progarchives).
The elements of post hardcore would put a few of you off of it but I absolutely love it - one of the most diverse and beautiful albums I've heard in recent times. The instrumentation is amazing - not a single song is generic, with so many different instruments used. I myself am not usually into this kind of music but this album is so amazing that I can't help but fall in love with every single song (not a single filler track).

If you haven't heard it, I recommend you check out their myspace or buy the album. You won't regret it.

M0000148.jpg

Ah yes. Forgot to mention that. One of my favourite films of all time. Nothing to do with the band though :erk:

Not bad... will probably need more listens to fully get into. TBH I liked the songs from Act I on their MySpace more.
The singer reminds me of someone... hmm, maybe dredg?