The Devil Wears Prada - Dead Throne

first... there is no way the bitrate is any lower than 112kbps because there is few rippling artifacts in the passband.

second... this version was released by the band/label/engineers for all the world to hear/see.

it's not like this is some haphazard "leak" that we are oh so reluctantly supposed to critique.

here is "outnumbered" at 112kbps and it STILL has more power and intensity than the new track (even at a low bitrate).

just sayin'

i'm just going to admit that i really enjoyed this mix, especially the bass guitar. it feels like anytime a band changes for the better all the criticism is directed towards all the wrong things.

edit: blegh, sounds like its clipping on headphones. I'd enjoy the mix more if the guitars weren't so overpowering. >.<

I'm gonna have to say it.
I like this mix.

there is plenty of power in this mix.
no, it isn't hitting like one of Joey's mixes. it has a different energy to it. different tones are being focused on that joey's mixes often lack.

the guitar tone is badass. tight and dirty. the bass is fat.

thumbs up to this production.

I love it. Though Mike's lows sound very shot.
Jeremy's vocals are so much better than they have ever been.
And +1 to Chris for doing those back up vox! :D

Dunno why everyone is hating on it.
Not dissing Joey, it's his sound, and all the power to him. But TDWP just doesn't sound good in my opinion with an overly processed and overly edited sound (a la 'Roots'). Hence why their first album is still my favorite :D

Not dissing Joey, it's his sound, and all the power to him. But TDWP just doesn't sound good in my opinion with an overly processed and overly edited sound (a la 'Roots'). Hence why their first album is still my favorite :D

I thought joey in a sense redeemed himself with the Zombie EP. It was a huge jump in production quality between that and Roots.

I loved Zombie, but it was a bit harsh. I couldn't listen to a whole album of it (music-wise)
I dig the new sound they are going for though with this album. Seems like they've matured immensely.
Roots, even though very successful, is the one album from TDWP I can't stand at all :/
They just need to settle down and try to figure out where they want to go with their music instead of experimenting with an almost entirely different sound for every album. Just stick to what you do best. I dig this new stuff though, alot.

I love it. Though Mike's lows sound very shot.
Jeremy's vocals are so much better than they have ever been.
And +1 to Chris for doing those back up vox! :D

Dunno why everyone is hating on it. Sorry, but it sounds like a real mix, not the standard kick 10/snare 12a + Pod combo everyone has become so accustomed to.

Meh, so 5150 or whatever other cookie cutter metal amp he used and some different samples is considered a more "real" mix? :p

As I mentioned in the sneap thread about this song.. Adam does just not click with me at all and I feel like there is people on this board who could have done it way better even while keeping the "organic" vibe.

With that being said, the mix is growing on me a bit.

Well... After a relisten with more disposed ears (last comment was after a day of mixing...)... I still don't feel the mix delivers the power this music should. I love the cleans, different from what we've heard from them before. But that's pretty much all I like. Still too creamy, smooth. The "organic" sound they want, if that's quoted from them, does NOT suit them in the "mean" parts.

Now when listening this on my ipod with better quality i can say this kicks zombies ass! Big time. The guitars sound super full and powerful. But i still have to say that the screams have sounded better.

Zombie ep rocks . Sounds just like a joey production but a little bit darker (great atmosphere) and has the "annoying" things like the POD sound and SSD toned down a bit. win/win

Dont like adam's mix at all. :(

I definitely agree on the guitar tone, it's weird and way too fizzy.
Can't remember much about the drums and vocals since the guitar was drawing all my attention.

I'm going off-topic for a sec:
Timislegend, you just reminded me I've recorded the entire second season of Dexter and I still need to watch it.
Thank you!

I definitely agree on the guitar tone, it's weird and way too fizzy.
Can't remember much about the drums and vocals since the guitar was drawing all my attention.

I'm going off-topic for a sec:
Timislegend, you just reminded me I've recorded the entire second season of Dexter and I still need to watch it.
Thank you!

tbh, the guitars sound a bitch too much like the guitar tone from the last KSE album-which are great, but I feel like doesn't quite fit TDWP as it should.