The DOGPOUND Challenge!

Sanity's End

Mar 28, 2008
First note: I have nothing whatsoever to do personally with any members of the band, staff, management or anyone else linked to this band. This is a personal way of spreading some music that I think is good, hopefully getting some new vibes in return.

Dogpound is a hardrocking melodic metal band from Karlstad in Sweden. At the moment they are busy recording their 4th album. A friend of mine put me on the right track by simply giving me their first album, which is called "The Hellbum" and can be bought very cheap (1 Euro) @ Ginza.se (no, they don't post abroad). I think this is, for the price, a really solid melodic metal album and as such it deserves to be spread among people who might like it. I.e. my friends at the Threshold Forum, for example!

So, here's the deal: I've bought 20 copies of The Hellbum. Send me a private message with your name and adress in it and I'll send you one of the copies. For free! If you happen to like the band and this cd, you send me a record that you think might suit me, in return. Expensive or cheap - that's totally up to you. Something you want to get rid of? I don't mind. Just note that I want it to be metal/hardrock of some kind, preferably a local and less known band, but well played and with decent vocals. :loco: If you're uncertain you can always ask before you send it...I don't have the latest Metallica album either. :lol:

Here's a couple of links to reviews of The Hellbum, so you might get some feeling as to what this album is all about:
http://www.1heavymetal.com/CDReviews/December2003/dogpound.htm
http://www.disagreement.net/reviews/dogpound_thehellbum.html
I guess you can find more if you need them.

When you get the cd it might be nice if you posted something about it here in this thread as well. That's all I'm asking! :headbang:

You think this is fair? Check out the reviews and send me a message!

/SE

What? 47 views and only one positive response so far? Good music for free, people! It's gotta be someone out there besides me who doesn't pirate copy or download stuff... :saint:

Posting cd today, BDTM!

/SE

Finally listened to it - certainly above average, the generic bits being merged nicely with some originality. Like the vocals on the whole, fave track is track 6

I wouldn't maybe buy their back catalogue but would certainly not be upset to see them as a support act

You'll have to be patient for yours - missed the post today and now on 4 nights. Should post it tuesday or wednesday (sorry!)

I wouldn't maybe buy their back catalogue but would certainly not be upset to see them as a support act

LOL! This IS the back catalogue. Or rather, it's their first album and there are presently two more out. I only have number 3, which I got from the same place I got this for about 4½ Euro.

/SE

^Got them, but haven't listened yet as I've been away from home. Thanx!

Are you sure there are noone else who wants a free cd? I have 15 left.

/SE

Sorry m8. I had totally forgotten, as I wasn't to send it right away. I'll get on with it on monday, so it'll arrive next week.

/SE