the dragonforce hate and love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read the other posts, yet, but..

If there was a radio disney for Power Metal, Dragonforce would be their most played. Sometimes, they sound like genuine PM, but at others, they have a bubblegum pop sound with their retarded sound effects. I don't know whether to like them or laugh hysterically at them and label them Metal posers.

I tried to get into Dragonforce, but I could not. Power metal with blastbeats seemed interesting to me, but the music just never clicked with me. Dragonforce are too happy sounding for me. And I do like some power metal. I mostly like power metal with more of an edge, like Grave Digger, Centvrion, Predator, and Scavenger, but I even like some "happier" power metal like Blind Guardian and early Helloween.

Emo kids like Dragonforce. And it's understandable. Dragonforce creates very catchy music and most people are blown away by their technical prowess. This fact doesn't amaze me as much as some other people. I find simplistic music to be much more enjoyable than super-technical music.

Impudent said:
Emo kids like Dragonforce. And it's understandable. Dragonforce creates very catchy music and most people are blown away by their technical prowess. This fact doesn't amaze me as much as some other people. I find simplistic music to be much more enjoyable than super-technical music.

They would be great if they could actually learn to write songs. All it is now is basically the same song for eight or nine tracks of music.

Yeah, pretty much. Which is cool sometimes, but doesn't stand the test of time.

I fucking despise Dragonforce. One of the shittiest, least inspired bands to fucking emerge from the US metal scene in the past ten years for sure. I still remember their promo ads for their first album a few years ago - those fuckers used to hype themselves as "an epic black metal band". 'Nuff said. And Eric Petersen, the sorry motherfucker who formed that band, is just a fat little fuck with a mild case of down syndrome, as far as I'm concerned. He fucking sucks as a guitar player.

Status
Not open for further replies.