the "dream band" thread

@Miolo: Ho-ho-ho... Ten is one of my favourite AOR bands. I bought "Never Say Goodbye" two years ago, without knowing exactly who Ten were. And I fell in love with them (yes, I fall in love so often). Spellbound is the best Ten album, imho, mixing force and melody, and showing the Gary Hughes inherent talent in composing. "We Rule The Night", "Fear The Force" or the awesome "Red" are masterpieces, but Ten had three amazing albums before Spellbound that you cannot skip: "Ten", "The Robe" and "The Name Of The Rose", all of them utterly worthy.

Concerning the two last works, "Babylon" and "Far Beyond The World", are less brilliant than the others. Babylon has a couple of great ballads and lacks of the quality Ten used to show. I even prefer the Gary Hughes solitary career than these two albums, but well, I have them as the huge fan I am. ;)

My advice: buy "Never Say Goodbye", a double CD from the tour in Japan containing the best of the three first albums. You won't get disappointed.

|ngenius (Ride the melody)

Vocals and lyrics writer: AARON STAINTHORPE (My Dying Bride)
Guitarr 1 and music composing: MIKAEL ÅKERFELDT (Opeth)
Guitarr 2 and mucic composing: CHRISTOFER JOHNSSON (Therion)
Bass: STEVE HARRIS (Iron Maiden)
Drums: PATRICK CARLSSON (Evergrey)
Keyboard: TOUMAS LOPPAINEN (Nightwish)

Clean Vocals: Mikael Åkerfeldt ( Opeth )
Growl Vocals: Mikael Stanne ( Dark Tranquillity )
Guitars: Jesper Stromblad ( In Flames, Dimension Zero...)
Guitars: Jeff Loomis ( Nevermore )
Bass: Cliff Burton ( Metallica )
Drums: Dave Lombardo ( Slayer, Testament, Grip Inc...) or Sean Reinert ( Cynic, Gordian Knot, Death... )

Vox 1(mostly clean): Dan Swano/Chris Amott
Vox 2(mostly growls): Mikael Akerfeldt
Guitar 1: Niklas Sundin
Guitar 2(/even more vox): Ihsahn
Drums: Hellhammer
Bass: (need to think on this one a bit)
Keyboards: Sverd (hands down)
<insert name here> Symphony: Christopher Johnson

Sortof a genre blender, but would most definitely be fun. Specially seeing how long some of them would last before killing began.

~Kovenant