...the Dream Evil tone

Fox Mulder

The Truth Is Out There
Jan 22, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Arrite, I've been trying to nail the nail the Dream Evil tone for sometime now. Any clues? I'm very much interested in learning about what they used in their first 2 albums - Dragonslayer and The Book of Heavy Metal.

Thanks! :heh:

Arrite, I've been trying to nail the nail the Dream Evil tone for sometime now. Any clues? I'm very much interested in learning about what they used in their first 2 albums - Dragonslayer and The Book of Heavy Metal.

Thanks! :heh:

I love this guitar sound too. But I think their first two albuns were Dragonslayer and Evilized... :headbang: and they both kickass

Im pretty sure he used he's savage with 5150. They are actually recording their new album as we speak. The pictures i posted where from the DE sessions. He now uses Savage Special edition + 5150 with Engl cab + EVH mkIII cab. Pretty awesome tone i must say, as always though :p.

Cheers

There's something I've never tried... anyone did tried this (boosting a sighnal with a head into other head) with amp sims ?

There's something I've never tried... anyone did tried this (boosting a sighnal with a head into other head) with amp sims ?

Very possible while re-amping.
I did that once with a tubescreamer sim from amplitube 2. It went into a friend's Ibanez Thermion TN120 with a TN412A Cab. Sounded super-sexy. I'd say 93% similar to a dual rect via a tubescreamer.:heh:

(No, Im not trying to sound lame. Basically the Thermion is a cheap solution to the Dual Rect, just in case you had any inquiries ;) )

Sadly, I don't have the clip with me.:erk:

Very possible while re-amping.
I did that once with a tubescreamer sim from amplitube 2. It went into a friend's Ibanez Thermion TN120 with a TN412A Cab. Sounded super-sexy. I'd say 93% similar to a dual rect via a tubescreamer.:heh:

(No, Im not trying to sound lame. Basically the Thermion is a cheap solution to the Dual Rect, just in case you had any inquiries ;) )

Sadly, I don't have the clip with me.:erk:

Sadly, I don't own any amps :cry: ! I'll try with amp sims thou... thank you ! :headbang: