The DVD!

299455_148037795282517_100002288932192_284184_6196972_n.jpg

Release date: October 24 in Europe, November 1 in USA.

ORPHANED LAND THE ROAD TO OR-SHALEM DVD track listing:

DVD1:

1. Halo Dies

2. Birth Of The Three

3. Olat Hatamid

4. The Kiss Of Babylon

5. A Never Ending Way

6. Disciples Of The Sacred II

7. Bereft In The Abyss

8. The Storm Still Rages Inside

9. Sapari

10. From Broken Vessels

11. Ocean Land

12. M I?

13. New Jerusalem

14. Vayehi Or

15. The Warrior

16. Baraka

17. Codeword: uprising

18. El Meod Na’ala

19. In Thy Never Ending Way

20. The Beloveds Cry

21. Norra El Norra

22. Ornaments Of Gold

DVD 2:

1. Bakapaim (with Yehuda Poliker)

2. Halom Layam Hatihon (with Yehuda Poliker)

3. The Path Part 1 – Treading Through Darkness (drums & percussion solo)

4. Seasons Unite (from the album SAHARA)

5. Thee By The Father I Pray (from the album EL NORRA ALILA

Documentary – Vayehi Or

Videos – Sapari, Norra El Norra, Ocean Land

Slide show/band photos

299455_148037795282517_100002288932192_284184_6196972_n.jpg

Release date: October 24 in Europe, November 1 in USA.

Thanks, man!

This is very exciting: My countdown to Nov 1 begins. I always admired how the band stretched the envelope musically, lyrically, you-name-it.

Now, in their (cover) art, they're stretching...Tefillin! Those of you who aren't familiar with this black-strapped Jewish ritual object, Wiki it or something. Last time an Israeli artist used Tefillin in an, oh, untraditional way, the religious Jewish right (which is wrong; I know, I escaped it) raised such a hue & a cry that I still remember it, & I was but a wee lad.

I admire this band more & more every day: It takes risks, literally. And it does so based on an ideology that binds so many of us Orphans with--yeah, Tefillin, metaphorically. I'd never be chatting with non-American Muslims, Hindus, or even Agnostics without these guys' plank-walking career.

Oh, & feel free to stop by to visit if you're in town; just PM me here: I've got two pairs of Tefillin & other conversation-pieces like a Shofar. Hey, I used to be a Chassid. In a way, I still am; a great deal of the non-religious aspects of the Chassidic outlook on, say, the wonders of the "mundane," meditation ("Hitbodedut"), are much akin to even more ancient meta-religious beliefs & practices such as Mindfulness in Buddhism.

It's funny how symbols that, on the surface, set us apart, have underlying meanings (that typically evade the various faithful) that unite us all. "Funny?!" How about constituting that which underlies Codeword "Uprising?" Yeah, I've listened to OrWarriOr, with headphones, two hundred times and I keep coming back. It's so rich in every sense. And you can take it with you, so to speak. Are any of you following my late-night crazy-talk?

Hillz

I love the DVD! it's beautiful, brought me to tears..

btw, what happened to this forum, moved to another site?

Finally, after 7 long years of waiting to see an Orphaned Land concert (counting back to when I first got hooked on Mabool) and over 3 weeks of waiting for my DVD pre-order to arrive from Century Media, I have reached my musical nirvana tonight.

Thank you Orphaned Land, and anyone who helped foot the bill to make this awesome DVD concert for those of us who have little or no chance to see you guys (and gal) actually play live, in person. The audio was great, the performance astounding, and the camera angles varied and superb. It must have killed the video editors not to go MTV on our ass and switch POVS every .75 seconds with so much to choose from. They did pretty good in that department! Still jumps a little fast for my tastes, but they were smooth transitions and often related and complimentive of the previous camera angle so it didn't seem so JUMPY like most metal video concerts the past 10 years or so.

I always wondered how you guys pulled off anything near your studio sound considering all you've got going on with the last 2 albums. I didn't see a glimpse of a keyboard player, so I'm sure those are piped in by necessity. (On a stage of that size it's obvious there is no room for an orchestra and to reproduce it all on keyboard you'd probably need a tiny 4-teir synthesizer with all the bells and whistles and an amazingly talented eight-armed keyboardest to pull that off live.)

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone understoond that great music isn't about how heavy or not heavy it is, whether it is religious or political in content, or if it makes pretty girls dance? It's about music and melody and feeling and atmosphere. You guys have all that going on and in a perfect world (ha, did I just say perfect world?) you would be playing much larger venues where you could recreate the albums virtually live on stage.

I'll give a special shout-out to my fellow caveman artist Yossi (a guitar melody master that I rank right up with Michael Schenker) who looked like he was having the time of his life. We talked together in email for awhile about 6 years ago about modern day art forms and how similar they are to cavemen drawing on walls back in the day...creating something truly original and telling a story in a way that's never been done before. Thumbs up Yossi, my friend!

I give this DVD 4.9 out of 5 stars. My only complaint I won't even voice because it would be like pissing into a gale force wind of awesomeness. I adore you guys as awesome songwriters, musicans and performers. Thank you for your last two albums and now this concert. The hours of enjoyment you've already given me from the cds, and with this concert the many more hours I'm yet to experience, I can never repay you in money. I can only thank you, thank you, thank you.

:worship::hotjump:

Now I'm gonna go watch the documentary disc!

Great DVD and great show , I like very much the joy of Yossi and Shlomit , thanx you for the sharing of your music , for the joy
sharing is one of the most important things in this life !!!

Hello dear bro's and sisters here. Indeed, I think most are only on FB these days. I still prefer the forum so thank you for posting here.
I loved the review :Spin: Even though I see a lot of OL shows, it gives me great pleasure to watch this DVD as it is just the ultimate of what and who they are on a convenient disc.

FB? Yeah, that's what's happening. Darn it. The almight dollar's talking, as FB's "worth" about $30 billion. I'm done w/those social-networking boards, though. It's just way too 1984'esqe, & people I really want out of my life find ways to slither in.... Bah, humbug. Us big kids have crazy-busy jobs & stuff anyhow. Still, I miss those chats.
Hello dear bro's and sisters here. Indeed, I think most are only on FB these days. I still prefer the forum so thank you for posting here.
I loved the review :Spin: Even though I see a lot of OL shows, it gives me great pleasure to watch this DVD as it is just the ultimate of what and who they are on a convenient disc.