The Elders Scrolls V : Skyrim announced

Haven't seen a lot of dragons in any games lately :rolleyes: trailer was kinda mehh
I loved Morrowind and Oblivion, this hopefully will be good.
Maybe I'm even having a good pc that will make thing work by the time it comes out :lol:

so glad they're using a new engine, because that was really starting to get old. But I really did love the games! I'll pick this one up for ps3

No new engine here man, just a heavily modified version of the same engine used on Oblivion and Fallout 3 + New Vegas.

I'm guessing it amounts to slightly higher res textures and nicer particle effects rather than fixing that uncanny valley shit.

I find it interesting that a game made by socially awkward nerds features the most socially awkward characters ever.

Bethesda confirmed via a tweet that the game's engine is "brand new ... and it's spectacular!" Which means the old engine(Gamebryo) is out completely...thankfully

I kinda hope the remove that difficulty slider(or at least make you stick with one difficulty throughout the game). It never felt like a challenging game to me when i could just move the slider wherever i wanted, whenever i felt like it. It sort of takes the fun out of it when you can just pause the game, and change the difficulty on a hard part of the game you can't get through.

and hopefully they actually work on making memorable characters. It's hard to get attached to any sort of character when the have the same voice as the last 10 people you talked to

It sort of takes the fun out of it when you can just pause the game, and change the difficulty on a hard part of the game you can't get through.

Just don't change the difficulty during the game then? :lol:

To think about it, there's a difficulty slider in the original Fallouts as well, but actually using it never ever crossed my mind. Normal difficulty is how I feel it just should be, it was never too hard or too easy and depended a lot on your character, skills and so on - if there's something that you aren't good enough to do, you can always come back later with some more experience under your belt.

The new engine is great news, didn't care for the one used in Oblivion

Wow, the trailer sucks hard.
I really liked Morrowind, played for what felt like 100 hours :lol:
Never tried out Oblivion, because my pc was too weak and I kinda stopped playing games when I got the Mac.

If that is your character sucking up the Dragon's power after killing it, then I'm officially hard. Love these 'start with rags and turn yourself into a demigod' games.

Hope this time I won't sit in town grinding all the schools of magic one by one in order to level with the most efficient stat multipliers each time.

It´s looking great. Reminds me a bit of an old viking game called Rune. I hope this time it´s all medival fantasy maps, with all the beautiful nature stuff, because the Oblivion realms (those hellish maps) of the last game were kinda boring after a while .

It´s looking great. Reminds me a bit of an old viking game called Rune. I hope this time it´s all medival fantasy maps, with all the beautiful nature stuff, because the Oblivion realms (those hellish maps) of the last game were kinda boring after a while .

Love that game...played it until I accidentally stepped on the cd one drunken eve...

And one difference that I've noted from Oblivion to Skyrim which may make some people happy: One guy made all the dungeons for Oblivion, 8 people are making the ones in Skyrim. Hopefully some variety ensues. Also the land is said to be totally hand-crafted unlike some of Oblivion which was generated.

I'll buy this bugger when it arrives but I agree with all the trepidation ITT. Oblivion was ok but not great.

First seconds of the soundtrack playing reminded me of the Morrowind days... somethings telling me they're going to try to get that good ol' Morrowind vibe back, but with a better engine.
I think they actually based the soundtrack on Morrowind's one (not sure if they did the same with Oblivion/previous releases, only started playing when MW came out and I don't like playing Oblivion too much since it's boring after you've done 2 dungeons).

My inner geek side that was buried DEEP inside of me has returned... :)