The Elders Scrolls V : Skyrim announced

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
I was a HUGE fan of TES III : Morrowing
A bit disapointed of TES IV : Oblivion but still one of my fav games ever

And they just announced the official release of TES V the 11/11/11 (in one year).

Trailer here : http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-elder-scrolls/708369

Dunno if there are TES fans here. For my part, I really hope they get back to something deeper like in TES III. This game was dark, interesting, fun. You could play it several times with no problem. Much more than oblivion that was too generic. They also announced it would be built on a new game engine (whereas from morrowind, for oblivion/fallout they kept the same engine just enhanced) which means this time you'll need a damn good computer. Or maybe not since this game may be available for XBox or PS3.

As expected, Skyrim it is! Can't wait to play it :) Like you, Morrowind is one of my all-time favourite games, but Oblivion was a big disappointment. Hopefully it is more lively and varied as TES3 :) And no more copypaste dungeons, PLEASE! After 5 minutes, you've seen everything in the game :/ While in Morrowind, every cave, dungeon and location has something unique about it - hand-placed :) And the text-based dialogue made "talking" much more interesting, while in Oblivion there's only a handful of voices, repeating the same lines over and over :S

It's kind of funny they finally gave in to the constant requests for dragons in the game :lol: But I hope this doesn't mean the Cliff Racers will return to chase you... I mean the dragons away :lol:

Morrowind was awesome.

Oblivion didnt merit the same replay value from me, so hoping this is better.

Morrowwind is still my fave and from time to time I still play it. Would have been nice to see some game play footage.

Oblivion was all about "visuals" and the "experience" but I think the story suffered cause they concentrated too much on the "look" of the game. Hopefully this one they can come back with a better story and still have the quality visuals.

What I really hope they fix is the goddamn uncanny valley effect with that engine.
Everything looks half alive, half robotic, very unnerving.
They fix that, and I will play the shit out of it.

If you play Oblivion with tons of mods and the graphics maxed out with additional high rez textures its far more entertaining.

I hope the add lan co-op mode for this game, that would be the coolest fucking thing ever!

so glad they're using a new engine, because that was really starting to get old. But I really did love the games! I'll pick this one up for ps3

Liked Morrowind & Oblivion...never tried world of warcraft. I dont have any interest at all to play WoW.

I will certainly get the new Elder Scrolls game though.

Out of all the RPGs ive played, Dragon Age was the BEST!!! It was so good, every time I completed it, Id start a new game right away.

This is actually old news. My friend has been blabbing about Elder Scrolls and 11/11/11 for like a month now, really annoying.

It's not new they are preparing a V, it's just it has been officially revealed to the press.

I just started a new oblivion game with tons of mods :) I created a thief. Just love to enter a merchand shop during the night to find a few gems :)

Also, as now I have a good computer, it's really pleasant to see I can see as far as a third of the map, with all settings at maximum.

I added some map improvements and it's actually better. Still not as immersive as morrowing, but I'll play a bit. Until I find again my Morrowing box, cause I love this game a lot and this gave me the need to play it again a little.

I think when TSE V will come, I'll play it and will start right away modding it. I'm a nerd for games where an editor is released and this time I wanna do something fun with it :)

EDIT : a lan possibility would be fun, and somebody did create a way to play at 2 in morrowing but it was buggy. Anyway, an elder scrolls will NEVER be a mmorpg cause it would then SUCKS. I love this type of game but hate mmorpg. There is much more quality in TES than in any mmorpg and it will stay like that cause they rule in this field. So that is not likely to come and I don't know they even think about it already.

It'll be on 360 and it will be glorious. Can't wait, I liked the combat in Oblivion more than Morrowind, but there could definitely be some added depth. I'm hoping for more ranged weapons this time around, such as a spear that can be thrown as well as used for melee attacks. 2011 will be a good year for gaming!

If they just announced it, how did my friend know a month ago about it coming out on 11/11/11?

I would have picked Summerset Isles...ah well I'll end up getting it anyway. I am mildly disappoint.

Nice. I miss standing in the town square, grinding spells for 3 days until my toon maxes out his stats, and then upon stepping out for the first time all the enemies are level 20, and I'm annihilating them in one move.

The trailer was a bit disappoint though. Wanted to see some gameplay footage.

Nice. I miss standing in the town square, grinding spells for 3 days until my toon maxes out his stats, and then upon stepping out for the first time all the enemies are level 20, and I'm annihilating them in one move.

The trailer was a bit disappoint though. Wanted to see some gameplay footage.

Haha.. or the other way around when you decide to actual train some non-combat skills and suddenly you cant kill anything because of the weird scaling.