The New Console & Video Game Thread

I think the last Need For Speed game I played was Most Wanted. And as I recall, I got that free with something. When it comes to racing games, I have always preferred the Burnout series. Burnout Paradise is one I'll still load up on occasion (in fact, I bought the wireless driving wheel controller for the 360 for that game alone, though I've used it with the Forza's). Anyway yeah, The Run didn't even review well. Metacritic is a 68. Gamespot a 7.0. Like how you can screw up a racing game that badly.

Tramz: I've got a review on my blog that pretty much spells it out :p http://metalliwishfan.livejournal.com/tag/game%20review. Shift isn't THAT bad in terms of gameplay, it's actually really good for a track-based game.

Burnout... mmm, bought Dominator just because of Shadows Fall being on the soundtrack. Never played Paradise. Actually tried playing Test Drive Unlimited: 2 on a whim, thankfully it was a rental and was returned very quickly LOL.

My gaming obsession these past few weeks has been Skylanders. It's kind of like if Pokemon were collectible miniatures that you could place on something to use in a video game. They store their level, their talent spec, gear and a few other bits of info, letting you take them cross-system if you want for pvp battle. Sort of gimmicky, but very addicting.

Half of the fun has been the collecting aspect. They have been SO hard to find. I don't think Activision was anywhere near prepared for the demand. I doubt they expected this to appeal to adults. The only way you get them is by persistence. Unlike most people, I've managed to collect 25 Skylanders and 3 expansions. Basically all that are out except for the legendary ones and rare paint jobs - none of which I care enough about to worry over. 6 more/1 more expansion to go, once they are released this spring.

And for anyone who may play? Favorites include: Stealth Elf, Drobot, Trigger Happy, Hex and Bash (though I expect the new batch I nailed down that is coming in a few days will add a favorite or two: Cynder, Whirlwind, Double Trouble and Drill Sergeant).