The Video Game Thread

PS3 arrived today (on a fucking SUNDAY, what gives?) but I'm buried in stuff to do so no fun for me until Wednesday at least :(

All I have in my possession right now are Dark Souls and Alien isolation anyway, both are which are huge helping of nope garnished with fuck that. I'l wait until my copy of Xrd arrives hahaha.

All I have in my possession right now are Dark Souls and Alien isolation anyway, both are which are huge helping of nope garnished with fuck that. I'l wait until my copy of Xrd arrives hahaha.

Having not finished Demons Souls and having finished Alien Isolation I don't blame you

Started another play through on Arkham Asylum on PS3. It is fun trying to figure out the Riddler Challenges. Tried playing RDR multiplayer a few weeks back and it was glitching bad. Went online and did a search. Looks like the Rockstar servers were hacked a while back and online multiplayer has been fucked ever since. RIP to a flawless game. :worship:

RDR online is fucked? That sucks. I had soooo much time put into that game. Online was incredibly fun. :(

PS3 arrived today (on a fucking SUNDAY, what gives?) but I'm buried in stuff to do so no fun for me until Wednesday at least :(

Nice! You should totally give Dark Souls a shot. I'm curious to see how you'd adapt to it. It's truly unforgiving. Not really all that scary, though... unless you end up in a "Fighting boss with no health" kind of scenario. Or get invaded. :lol:

Woke up today, saw a post about how Gamestop is messing up big time by selling Dying Light digitally for $20. Somehow they messed up the season pass with the full game so I just got the game for $20. Super excited since I wanted the game but didn't want to spend full price.

Sounds like Ninja Gaiden to me :lol:

I just got war flash backs. I thought I hated how unfair and ridiculous the Demons/Dark souls series was... fuck Ninja Gaiden. Fuck everything about that game. I haven't played it in years but I still feel the hate like I was just playing it.

Meanwhile in Portugal, some guy is playing Duke Nukem 3D mods and Lemmings 2 for the millionth time...

...and that man is me.

Can't say I can argue with that, mate :lol:

And I agree, Ninja Gaiden is evil. And I've not even played the new ones; fuck, I don't know if I ever finished more than one level in the original trilogy.

I bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3 a few years ago. Never beat it. :lol:

Whenever I hear anyone say anything about that series, all I think of is :

Last edited by a moderator:
Note to self: never get on a bus with you driving

Been playing MGSV, wowowowowowowowowoowowowow. Holy fucking shit what a game. Also still sick so i'm not getting to play as much as I would like to, which sucks

It's easily one of the best games of the past few years. It's fucking incredible. I haven't gotten to do all that many story missions because of all the side ops and random crap to do, though. :lol:

After seeing that the fucking entire last act of MGSV was cut, I don't think I'm going to bother. I can't handle storytelling blueballs.

Haven't finished the game yet so I can't comment on if the ending gives blueballs, but honestly I can't recommend this game enough anyways. Can't believe how amazing the gameplay is and how detailed it is.

Welp, I had no intention of getting it since I firmly believe that another MGS was unnecessary, so I just read up on it. The unanimous verdict is that the gameplay is spectacular, but the story eats dogshit because it's virtually unfinished; there's some stuff on the collector's edition bonus disc (I think?) that contained an unfinished and unused cutscene from the end of the game that made the whole thing actually have some vague semblance of satisfaction and closure compared to the pointless cliffhanger ending the main game has. Having watched it all from start to finish, I can't even begin to imagine how fucking angry I'd have been to have played the game from start to finish for such a shitty ending. Lucky for those with the collector's edition, less so for everyone else.

No doubt that MGSV is good gameplay-wise, but that doesn't change the fact that it's unfinished and, more importantly, totally unnecessary as a game. Just acts as further rpoof that Konami are no good anymore and have decided to milk their successful franchise for all it's worth.

tl;dr - Phantom Pain probably plays like a joy, but fuck everything it stands for.

On an entirely separate note, I'm going to give the Dark Souls series another shot sometime soon. Just watched a few hours of a DSII playthrough and felt like I gave up on Dark Souls 1 a little too quickly; partially justified, as the tutorial consisted of telling me what the controls were and throwing me straight into a bullshit boss fight, whereas 2 seems to actually have... well, a fucking tutorial. But yeah, going to smack my head against that brick wall again soon, so that'll be fun.