The Video Game Thread

No need for a guide. I know FFVII like the back of my hand.

Getting there slowly but surely - just trying to get everyone's limit breaks before I venture into the Temple of the Ancients at the moment. Aerith has Great Gospel, but I'm spamming Fury Brand on Yuffie at the moment :lol:

I'll finish FF7 eventually. I promise

Rented season 2 of Telltale's Walking Dead from the redbox so I had to blast through the last episode of season 1 (and the DLC) and the whole season 2 in a day and a half. Wish I had just downloaded it on the computer. Not because it wasn't worth the money, but because I liked taking a few days between each episode to think about my actions and what happened. Can't wait for season 3

STILL haven't gone into the Temple of the Ancients. Cloud and Red both have their Lv.4 limits, Yuffie has her Lv.3 ones. Once Barret, Cid and Tifa get their Lv.3 ones as well, I'm done with disc one :D

Maybe it's christmas time but in GTA V I decided to park my car at top of parking building, took out my high powered sniper rifle and selected random target from cars waiting lights to turn green... *BLAM* I was eventually wasted by cops, and well deserved fate it was too. Still, I enjoy more of actual missions than random mayhem.

Rented season 2 of Telltale's Walking Dead from the redbox so I had to blast through the last episode of season 1 (and the DLC) and the whole season 2 in a day and a half. Wish I had just downloaded it on the computer. Not because it wasn't worth the money, but because I liked taking a few days between each episode to think about my actions and what happened. Can't wait for season 3

Oddly enough, that's what I enjoyed about waiting for the first "season" episodes to be released. Though sometimes.... the delays kinda sucked. :lol: Waiting a day or two in between each "episode" sounds like the perfect pace to me. Speaking of.... I still need to get "season" two. Haven't even played it.

(I hate the term season for a video game. I dunno why. :lol: )

Progressed a bit farther in Kingdom Hearts 2 HD Remix. Were there always new costumes for Christmastown, or was that a Final Mix thing?

I loved the couple of days between, but I know when Season 3 starts i'm just going to instantly play it first day :lol: That's what I did with their new Game Of Thrones game.

I particularly don't like the season thing with this game because I keep going to talk about it and realizing that when I say "season 2 of walking dead" everyone thinks of the show.

That might be a final mix thing. I really really gotta get that game, I miss kingdom hearts so much

Nearing the end of Kingdom Hearts 2. The Roxas boss fight in The World That Never Was was incredible. It made me want to play through 358/2 Days on the 1.5 PS3 collection. Had no clue what to expect as I have never owned a DS. Good god, that game was soulcrushing. :(

Oh yeah, HD 2.5 included the Final Mix + version! :D

Spoilers: Verm and I, to celebrate the impending releases of Mortal Kombat X and Street Fighter V, are doing a Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat month on Game Surgery. We're playing good ones, but we're also playing some of the absolute worst....

Yeah, the little extra things Final Mix adds are cool. I like collecting the stickers and solving them. There's a new keyblade that's pretty badass, too. Extra scenes here and there, tweaks to gameplay.... makes me wonder why it was never released over here.

Fuck I need that Kingdom Hearts 2.5 :(

Lately all i've been playing is Destiny. Got tons of super awesome loot for it so i've been hooked again. Just patiently waiting for The Phantom Pain. He mentioned today that they should be announcing the release date soon. I hope the release date is right now because I need it right now.

Once I realized what Destiny really was (completely luck based), I quickly gave up on it, as my luck in anything is god awful. Haven't touched it in probably close to two months now. At level 29, all I have left to do is the raid. I feel no urge to play it because I think the raid is a waste of time and is far too complicated for me to try and learn to do, so fuck it.

At this point, I'm more than content with Kingdom Hearts and GTA Online shenanigans. I'm also playing through the Metro series, too. I downloaded the Metro Redux from the PSN Store and finished Metro : 2033 a few days ago. It was.... good, but could have been better. Last Light is a much more polished experience so far. Really curious to see where the story goes from here.

Also restarted Dark Souls 2. I think I have gaming ADD. :lol:

Still playing GTA V, finished strory mode but can't put damn thing down. There seems to be all kinds of random events and stuff to do still, not really interested about online mode though.

Once I realized what Destiny really was (completely luck based), I quickly gave up on it, as my luck in anything is god awful. Haven't touched it in probably close to two months now. At level 29, all I have left to do is the raid. I feel no urge to play it because I think the raid is a waste of time and is far too complicated for me to try and learn to do, so fuck it.

At this point, I'm more than content with Kingdom Hearts and GTA Online shenanigans. I'm also playing through the Metro series, too. I downloaded the Metro Redux from the PSN Store and finished Metro : 2033 a few days ago. It was.... good, but could have been better. Last Light is a much more polished experience so far. Really curious to see where the story goes from here.

Also restarted Dark Souls 2. I think I have gaming ADD. :lol:

It is indeed based on a random numbers generator but I still find it fun.

I'm like 3/4ths through Metro: Last Light. I tried it once a while back and thought it was really dumb and boring. Randomly decided to try it again and realized how wrong I was.

That reminds me, I should get back to Demons Souls. It's been so long since i've played that I know i'll be god awful again and I don't want to go back to being terrible at that game. I'm just waiting for Bloodborne to come out at this point

For me, it was fun until I had to DEPEND on the random generator. Then it became annoying. :\

I also think that Activision had a pretty big say in what actually got released, and a metric shit ton of stuff got left on the cutting room floor, so to speak.

For me, it was fun until I had to DEPEND on the random generator. Then it became annoying. :

I also think that Activision had a pretty big say in what actually got released, and a metric shit ton of stuff got left on the cutting room floor, so to speak.

After watching the dev diaries, seeing the old gameplay videos, and seeing the huge thread about the rumors behind the scenes yeah there's a lot of stuff cut. Which sucks, because I genuinely enjoy the game but there's just so little content.

Started another play through on Arkham Asylum on PS3. It is fun trying to figure out the Riddler Challenges. Tried playing RDR multiplayer a few weeks back and it was glitching bad. Went online and did a search. Looks like the Rockstar servers were hacked a while back and online multiplayer has been fucked ever since. RIP to a flawless game. :worship: