The Console & Video Game Topic

Tramz

OSA Council Member
Aug 9, 2007
Long Island, New York
We're starting over fresh, but some classic topics must be brought over to the new forum. As always, this is for discussing every aspect of gaming. What are you playing now? What are you looking forward to? Want to discuss your favorite MMO? Go for it. You can even discuss the merits of each console, just keep it civil.

Me, my "next gen" console of choice is the Xbox 360. That's where all the best stuff is at in my opinion. My passion in recent times has been the Guitar Hero games. I cannot wait for Rock Band. It sounds like it will completely own. Currently, i just finished playing Halo again, and i'm working on Halo 2. With Halo 3 coming out on September 25th, this seemed like a good idea. The other game i am really looking forward to this fall is Beautiful Katamari. I played the demo recently and it was a lot of fun. You have to love all the additional things the 360 can have on screen compared to the ps2.

I'm playing Toontown >.< Yes, Disney's cartoon online game. I saw a commercial for it so I was like, ehh lemme make a free account n play for a few days, but it is SO ADDICTING and CUTE and COLORFUL and HAPPY ^_^ And those are things I cannot resist! <3

Ah, I just quit World of Warcraft not too long ago. Glad I did, especially after hearing about the announcement of another expansion.

Right now, I'm casually playing LOTR Online, and by casually, I mean just the weekends. The game is pretty fun, been mostly PVPing in it thus far. Needs a lot of work but it's getting there. :D

I'm kinda waiting for Warhammer Online. Looking forward to the release of that game soon.

Ah, I just quit World of Warcraft not too long ago. Glad I did, especially after hearing about the announcement of another expansion.

Right now, I'm casually playing LOTR Online, and by casually, I mean just the weekends. The game is pretty fun, been mostly PVPing in it thus far. Needs a lot of work but it's getting there. :D

I'm kinda waiting for Warhammer Online. Looking forward to the release of that game soon.

I heard about the WoW expansion just the other day myself. I still have my subscription, but i haven't logged on in a month or so. Another 10 levels? I didn't even get level 70. Yeah i am kind of interested in still playing, but really not. I'm happy to be finishing the console games i have piling up here hehe.

I have another friend who's all into LOTRO, i guess that's the place to be right now as far as MMO's go eh? I'm kind of burned out on them myself. The only thing that even remotely interests me is the Star Trek MMO, and only by virtue of the fact that i am really curious as to how they will pull that one off.

The only thing that even remotely interests me is the Star Trek MMO, and only by virtue of the fact that i am really curious as to how they will pull that one off.

Yeah they havent release any more info about it since their initial info like 3 yrs ago :p grrrr! I have a feeling it will suck major ass, but I'll definitely be trying it.

I love Twilight Princess but it's not addicting me to NEED to finish it. I ended up playing Eternal Darkness instead (mm backwards compatibility) and stopped almost EXACTLY where I stopped the last time I stopped playing it..... just an hour or so before the end @_@

I now have access to a PS2 :D TELL ME GREAT GAMES!

YOU MUST PLAY KATAMARI DAMACY!!!!!! if you don't I will string you up by your EYELASHES! *big frowny meanie face* oh and try Indigo Prophecy, and Medal of Honor Frontline, and Simpsons Hit & Run.

I love Twilight Princess but it's not addicting me to NEED to finish it.

Exactly. But also, I have a need to make the Zelda games last, because when I do finally get on a kick to play it, I find myself playing for hours at a time. Which is no good, because then my dog starts to get mad at me for not paying attention to him.
LOL2.gif

I just got a fancy pants new HDTV I shouldn't have bought and I'm trying to play through Twilight Princess for the 2nd time on it's royal prettiness, but I know it's only a matter of time before Bioshock comes out on 360 next week and usurps all of my free time. I'm not a big fan of FPS games, but after playing the demo, this is so much more than an average FPS it's ridiculous.

I'm still not sure if i am going to pick up Bioshock, but yeah it's definitely not a standard shooter by any means. It definitely looks to be a worthwhile game for anyone who likes that kind of offbeat thing. I'm still trying to wrap my head around little girls using huge needles to suck blood and stuff out of corpses.

By the way, welcome to the new forum :]

Yeah, all that little girls being protected by giant divers thing has got me wondering too... Anyway, I knew I was interested in it, but the demo totally solidified my need to have this game. It honestly looks like something different in art direction, gameplay, storyline, environment and overall style. That's why I dig it, I also sold about half of my 360 games to put money down on it... except for Guitar Hero II... that never leaves... never.

PS: Thanks for the welcome!

Katamari is crack, WONDERFUL CRACK. Shadow of the Colossus is going well.... I thought it would be impossible heh... the horse is NOT my friend though, I dread having to fight from on him.

Easier to name what I don't play than what I do play: no sports games, no shooters unless they are DAMN good shooters. I love a game with a good story (Dreamfall, you know this!) but I'm all for weird little fun games like Katamari. I don't like strategy games and get bored quick with anything turn-based although my housemate is going to do all the power leveling so I can finally play FF7!

Yes, I am so pleased that Katamari is surviving until the next gen! I was so afraid We Love Katamari was going to be the end of the series. Now my only fear is that the new Katamari games will cost $60 for basically a rehash of a game we've pretty much played already, albeit and addictive and fun rehash.

Not playing any games now but bioshock comes out ontuesday :) and as for the katamir demo for 360 was pure awsomeness i cant fucken wait and also two world comes out this week also and metroid for wii next week :)

does anyone have good recommendations for 360 games that kick ass?