The Board/Card Game Thread

^^ sounds awesome

I'm also a big fan of Spades and Hearts as well. When I was in Jazz Band in high school, that's all my buddies and I did was play Hearts and Spades.

I also really like the game Mastermind...good stuff

You play it too? Durak is probably my favorite card game next to Texas Hold 'Em

Been playing Talisman with some friends the last 2 nights. Good fun. Got turned into a toad and killed with a nasty wind of pestilence last night :(.

Yea, Talisman is lots of fun, despite being a total luckfest.If you want, you can download/print out new fan-made characters from the net, as well as new adventure cards, spells and equipment.

Any avid chess players here? I've been trying to be a more competitive player; studying openings, doing puzzles, playing online, etc.

The thing I like about chess compared to other games is there is no chance involved. Pure skill. Checkers is heavily influenced by who goes first if you know what you are doing, but Chess is not.

Indeed. Often you need to predict your opponent's next move, and I always get lost at this part. It's just disorienting;there are too many variables to take into account. I only win by pure luck.

Settlers of Catan and Warhammer :headbang:
When I was younger I used to play with Pokémon Cards... Those were the days *sigh*

I need to get me Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Dominion, Roborally expansions, complete my Arkham Horror collection and Chaos in the Old World.
Ah, too much.../