The Empire Shall Fall- Awaken

Are you saying bands like System of a Down, Rage Against The Machine and Living Colour sound like shit just because they have a political message?

My personal opinion is that those bands don't always do it well.
I find SoaD's music boring, the vocals are a joke 90% of the times and the lyrics are sometimes just too silly for my liking eg. "Bounce. Pogo. Pogo. Pogo..." or something like that.
Yes I enjoy RATM, however, Zach's lyrics sometimes seem too forced, written out of pure neccessity. Most verses sound too similar both lyrically and vocally. And Tom's guitar wankery is just annoying now. Still a great band though.
I've never listened to Living Colour.
Awaken just seems so much more intelligent to me, filled with great musicianship, structure, maintains interest, great vox & lyrics and I don't feel like someone's political opinion is being forced down my throat when I listen to it. Keep up the great work Marcus & Co.

Sounds awesome Marcus. I especially liked the part in your BIO where you guys mention Ron Paul.

Gotta love Ron Paul. Looking forward to reading the lyrics.

BTW...Do all of the guys in the band share the same political views or is it mostly Jesse? I'm sure since you've mentioned Ron Paul, you have heard of Alex Jones. If not, check him out at http://PrisonPlanet.com.

Sounds awesome Marcus. I especially liked the part in your BIO where you guys mention Ron Paul.

Gotta love Ron Paul. Looking forward to reading the lyrics.

BTW...Do all of the guys in the band share the same political views or is it mostly Jesse? I'm sure since you've mentioned Ron Paul, you have heard of Alex Jones. If not, check him out at http://PrisonPlanet.com.

We generally share the same political views though some of us are more into Ron Paul, Alex Jones, etc than others... If anything we all agree on just thinking for yourself as much as possible and trying to form your own opinions on many aspects in life... Jesse's lyrics are more inspirational and uplifting than politcal based like SOAD, and Rage... He touches on certain things but focuses more on trying to open up people's minds...

We generally share the same political views though some of us are more into Ron Paul, Alex Jones, etc than others... If anything we all agree on just thinking for yourself as much as possible and trying to form your own opinions on many aspects in life... Jesse's lyrics are more inspirational and uplifting than politcal based like SOAD, and Rage... He touches on certain things but focuses more on trying to open up people's minds...

Great songs with fantastic lyrics. End of story.
Man, I'd love to catch you guys live!

Hopefully we can eventually get over to Ireland to play... Ive been to Dublin before and it was a gloriously innebriated time...

No better way to spend your time in Ireland! :)
If you guys ever plan to head in this direction, it's probably best to come to Ireland, do a few dates and hop on a ferry over to the UK to tour there.
If it's ever on the cards, I can help out! I know plenty of promotors, live engineers and you'd have a solid backline for the dates here in Ireland.

Bump. Been listening to this a lot lately. Anyone know what was used for the sections with clean guitar tone?

Some of the cleans were amplitube 2 or fender (Awaken) some of them were printed line 6 tone port cleans w/ delay (for Choir of Angels) and others were 5150 green channel w/ delay/verb (for some of the clean and slighty distorted jazzy lead stuff in we the people)

Some of the cleans were amplitube 2 or fender (Awaken) some of them were printed line 6 tone port cleans w/ delay (for Choir of Angels) and others were 5150 green channel w/ delay/verb (for some of the clean and slighty distorted jazzy lead stuff in we the people)

Cool. So, what are you guys using live for those parts then?

Cool. So, what are you guys using live for those parts then?

I use a 5150 II unboosted for dirty and switch over to my other pickup with the gain/volume knob dialed back on my guitar for a clean/slighty gritty tone for my cleans... Other guitarist uses a 5150 unboosted for dirty and the green channel with some delay for cleans...