The Ensiferum's Tab Thread

MaximHateCrew

~ Needled 24/7 ~
Aug 17, 2010
Belgium
So in the idea of what it has been done on the COB forum, I propose a Tab thread where everyone can talk about tabs, ...

Any questions relating tabs, come here!

How can people send tabs to you to put links in the first post?

Just send me the link or the file, and I'll put it on the first post.

1999 : Demo II
1. The Dreamer's Prelude (sam b)

2001 : Ensiferum
11. Battle Song (sam b)

2004 : Iron

2005 : 1997-1999
1. Frost (sam b)
7. White Storm (sam b)
11. Battle Song (sam b)

2006 : Dragonheads (EP)
1. Dragonheads (sam b) [not completed]
4. White Storm (sam b)
5. Into Hiding (sam b)

2007 : Victory Songs

2009 : From Afar
2. From Afar (sam b)
7. Smoking Ruins (sam b)
8. Tumman Virran Taa (sam b)
10. Vandraren [cover] (sam b)

2012 : Unsung Heroes
3. Unsung Heroes (sam b)
4. Burning Leaves (sam b)
6. Retribution Shall Be Mine (sam b)
7. Star Queen (Celestial Bond part II) (sam b)
8. Pohjola (intro only) (sam b)
11. Bamboleo (No "Solo") (sam b)

-Thanks to Sam Brown (sam b) for sharing first tabs!

So in the idea of what it have been done on the COB forum, I propose a Tab thread where everyone can talk about tabs, ...

Exactly what I was thinking, when I found this forum. Now we just need to hope that this will get some active posters, like the COB forum.

I myself haven't made any tabs ever, but some of the few I've downloaded from Ultimate Guitar have been pretty good. (From Afar, Into Battle and Victory Song) How can people send tabs to you to put links in the first post? You could edit the answer to this to the first post so everyone with a decent tab would know how to send them.

Also, I find it funny that the two first posters in this thread are both COB forum regulars.

Make that 3, although the CoB board is rather dead now, used to post there back in the day ;)

Make that 3, although the CoB board is rather dead now, used to post there back in the day ;)

I know. I remembered I'd seen your username somewhere before I saw it here and the COB forum is the only possibility. Also, as an answer to my previous "how to send tabs" question, is it ok to just send you a link where you can download it, and then upload it here?

I myself haven't made any tabs ever, but some of the few I've downloaded from Ultimate Guitar have been pretty good. (From Afar, Into Battle and Victory Song)

I'll take the credit for that one :D

I've tabbed out Burning Leaves, got it all finished but I think I'll wait until I've heard the final album version before submitting it

I've tabbed out Burning Leaves, got it all finished but I think I'll wait until I've heard the final album version before submitting it

Sam, have you tabbed out the little lead/solo part? Because I'm beginning to doubt my sense of hearing! I just can't make out the part just after the initial "Thunderstruck" tapping!:(

I'll take the credit for that one :D

It's not the same one which I have. I usually download the latest version because people often download someone else's tab, then edit it to be better and upload it as a newer version. I have this http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/ensiferum/from_afar_ver3_guitar_pro.htm which has changed the intro to triplets and added the orchestrations, making it slightly more accurate, but I'm not saying yours is bad. (Heh, looking at the comments and the tab a little more I noticed he's given you credit's for making the guitars, so it went just as I said. People edit older versions of songs :))

Also, just send the Burning Leaves tab. If, when the studio version is released, you find and make corrections, the tab and the first post can be updated.

I think it should be so that, now in the beginning we send tabs and try to get as many decent tabs of songs as possible and then if someone finds/or makes a better one of a song already in the first post then it can be updated.

Here's some more tabs to the collection:

Into Battle: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/ensiferum/into_the_battle_guitar_pro.htm

Twilight Tavern: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/ensiferum/twilight_tavern_guitar_pro.htm (Again you're being credited Sam)

Victory Song: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/ensiferum/victory_song_ver2_guitar_pro.htm#comments

but I'm not saying yours is bad.

I know that, seeing as it's my guitar tab! :lol: The n-tuplets / sixteenth thing at the start doesnt make too much difference, you should easily enough work it out based on having the correct notes in front of you and listening to the song

Your link to twilight tavern is a link to into battle by the way :p

Forgot I even made that.. I didnt finish it because laziness took over me :D Probably should have..

EDIT: Wow, maybe I should finish that Twilight Tavern.. some parts in that one are way off

I know that, seeing as it's my guitar tab! :lol: The n-tuplets / sixteenth thing at the start doesnt make too much difference, you should easily enough work it out based on having the correct notes in front of you and listening to the song

Your link to twilight tavern is a link to into battle by the way :p

Forgot I even made that.. I didnt finish it because laziness took over me :D Probably should have..

EDIT: Wow, maybe I should finish that Twilight Tavern.. some parts in that one are way off

Yeah, I wrote the whole post before I noticed the guitars were made by you, and was too lazy to edit the beginning away.

Lol. My original link to From Afar was a link to Victory Songs, but that I noticed. I corrected the TT link now too.

Got the small bit of 'In my sword I trust' that is available all tabbed up :D Need the whole song!