"The EssenEss Project Sound" Clips

Great clips! Can't wait to hear more... as I said a while back, Sphere has a very Rush-esque sound to it, that song is going to just RULE!

Man the songs sound really killer! Especially for rough mixes.

I rarely enjoy listening to rough mixes of songs but these sound really enticing. I think this album will be pretty damn killer man! Nice melodies. :)

well,

I am after the first listening - first thought is like this:

I am always afraid of guitar instrumental albums coz there is too much technicality in it usually, song-like structure is lost and the weight is put on technical part.

but those samples make me happy I find them all in good proportion:

virtuosery - melody - and - to my surprise - shredding:headbang:

so for now ... I WANT MORE :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Love this work...
Signature Hoffman riffs and tone. Nice Smyth shred originality. This is so unlike anything I've heard before. Killer musical landscapes, atmospheric textures ( I sound like a hippie). Can't wait to hear the final!

soulflypl said:
well,

I am after the first listening - first thought is like this:

I am always afraid of guitar instrumental albums coz there is too much technicality in it usually, song-like structure is lost and the weight is put on technical part.

but those samples make me happy I find them all in good proportion:

virtuosery - melody - and - to my surprise - shredding:headbang:

so for now ... I WANT MORE :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I`ve had exactly the same impressions after listening to those 5 for the first time....and then I read soulflypl`s post!

Cant wait for the whole album! And the concerts!

Fusion-influenced (...right??) "Sphere" and "The Afterlife" are my most fave tracks among these samples.
Look forward to hearing the whole material!:kickass:

Damn Steve, these all sound great. I can't wait to hear the finished product. Put me down for one on your mailing list eh? This shit is kickass. I love how dynamic it all is. Reminds me a lot of cacophony but at the same time it's different. I almost feel cheated hearing only a single section of each song, since I'm sure there's so so much more.

Those sound great Steve,
I have to go with "Can you See what I hear" as being my early favorite
so far, but they all sound great! :kickass: