The Expanse

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
Best sci-fi series since ever. I can't believe it's on Syfy; it feels more like a Netflix show. The production is Tony Scott-level. They just renewed it for season 2 and we're only 4 episodes into season 1.

The first three episodes are really good but a little slow. Episode 4 is fucking epic and has sealed the deal. I'm getting the books now.

Imagine Homeland with spaceships. There's everything from massive fleet battles between Mars, Earth, and mining colonies to shady interplanetary politics to a futuristic detective drama, and it's all connected.

I really can't stress enough how well done it is. The closest any other show comes to it in terms of production is Killjoys, and this blows that out of the water. They say it's the next BSG, but BSG could be a bit ridiculous and overacted at times. I mean, Thomas Jane is one of the main characters, so you know it's good.

It also has a slight Blade Runner feel to it, only much more futuristic from our point of view now instead of the point of view in the early 80s.