Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
For those not familiar with Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, it is a series that was pitched to SYFY as a prequel to Battlestar Galactica but after the period portrayed in Caprica. It is about a young Bill Adama, set ten years into the First Cylon War. Unfortunely SYFY opted not to pick up the series (at this years San Diego Comic Con is was said to still be on the table as a possible series with SYFY), but it has been turned into a web based series set to air over 10 12 minute arcs and can be seen on YouTube.

As a big BG fan I hope it see's a full series release on SYFY - but given the economics where wrestling is cheaper to show than high production cost series - I'll have to just hope.

The first episode is available today.

UPDATED w/ Episodes 2,3, & 4.

Episode 1

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT79x4qM4FE&[/ame]

Episode 2

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdisGiivP9c&[/ame]

Episode 3&4 (in one video)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXCnuArj4b8&[/ame]

It's incredible how a scifi channel/producer can not air a single "real sci fi" series. Today it's all about cheap superhero/people with superpowers series, which need no CGI nor effect at all, and where it's convenient to say the aliens look like humans so that you need no budget to throw in (like Heroes... what a fucking joke, nothing happens during the whole thing, and the ending is not even entertaining. I couldn't even think about watching season 2). I was so angry when they cancelled Stargate Universe because even if it looked very similar to BSG, at least it was a real sci fi series, and it was actually good and made me dream, which is what is a sci fi series supposed to do.

I hate that Firefly got cancelled too. It's just one of the best series I've ever watched in my entire life. Anyone remotely interested in science fiction must watch it right now, it's that good.

Anyway I'm gonna follow this new BSG series with interest. I always liked BSG's ambiance and maturity. Maybe not the best scifi series ever but one of the major series of the past decade for sure.

I hate that Firefly got cancelled too.

Browncoats Unite!!!!!

Some good Firefly/Serenity quotes:

Jayne: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin charge here."

Kayle: "Going on a year now, nothins twixed my neathers not run on batteries."
Mal: "I can't know that."
Jayne: "I can stand to hear a little more."

Jayne: "Ten percent of nothin' is ... let me do the math here ... nothin' into nothin' ... carry the nothin' ...

Aha I don't remember any quote, for I have watched it only once, more than a year ago, but I have to do that again soon, what a brillant series.

I watched the first episode of BSG blood chrome. It does the job, I liked it. BUT damn it's way too short ! I'm frustrated, I think I'm gonna watch them 3 by 3 or something like that because I feel like I have just seen the beginning of an introduction :lol:

Aha I don't remember any quote, for I have watched it only once, more than a year ago, but I have to do that again soon, what a brillant series.

I have it on DVD and watch it all the way through about once every 4 months or so. Next week the Science Channel (one of the Discovery networks) will be airing a Firefly special next Monday evening - the 11th of November. It's a cast reunion that happened at the San Diego Comic Con this summer.

I watched the first episode of BSG blood chrome. It does the job, I liked it. BUT damn it's way too short ! I'm frustrated, I think I'm gonna watch them 3 by 3 or something like that because I feel like I have just seen the beginning of an introduction :lol:

I know what you mean - the 12 minutes blocks are just too short. I did read that you can wait to watch it all at once - SYFY will be airing it sometime early next year as a one time movie event. Hopefully they see a following and decide to revive it as a full fledged series.

Interesting! Will have to watch at some point!

Thanks also for reminding me about Firefly, I see it's on Netflix, so gonna watch it also when I have the time. Loved the series and the movie Serenity!

Friendly bump with the next three episodes added to the original post.

Looks like they might be listening - they have combined episodes into single releases. Episode 3 & 4 are both in the same video so perhaps we won't have to string it out for as long as I thought. Good stuff so far.

Just got done watching 3&4 - the second half is bringing back all the reasons I loved Battlestar Galactica. Makes me want to break out the DVDs and watch the series again.

Thanks. 3 episodes at once, now we're talking :) Gonna watch this.

Yeah, same as you Jind, it's everything I loved about the series. Such a shame it's only a webseries without a decent production !

I actually like the initial plot and the main character even more than the original series. It could have made a very good one

Thanks. 3 episodes at once, now we're talking :) Gonna watch this.

Yeah, same as you Jind, it's everything I loved about the series. Such a shame it's only a webseries without a decent production !

I actually like the initial plot and the main character even more than the original series. It could have made a very good one

Call it wishful thinking, but I hope it gets a second look as far as a TV series goes - so far it definitely better than Caprica turned out to be. While I liked Caprica for the origin story aspect, it got bogged down in to much melodrama.

Caprica was not a real sci fi series, just a series that happens to take place in a sci fi world. It clearly was a way to monetize on the BSG world, without as much investment as BSG. To be honest I didn't really got hooked by Caprica, it was okay but not memorable.