The Faustian tragedy of metal…

GlamDefender

The divine retribution of all metal
Apr 4, 2016
I am the GlamDefender. I only come here to partake in discussion concerning the true spirit of heavy metal, a once proud and vibrant genre, now befallen to several broot4l wannabes, edge lords and elitists abound, mallcore emo faggots, screamo. Overall metal has deteriorated and is now overcome with p0sers who wear cargo shorts. The tragedy of metal, still ongoing to this day, it is perpetual as there only seems to be two things that are infinite, the universe and the ceaseless pedantic bitching of metalheads. In time, due to such shortsighted revisionism and hijacking by talentless prats like Poison and Firehouse, one of the most intense scenes of heavy metal, having arisen from the neon and raw grit of the sunset strip, was wrongfully impaled upon a stake by the endless arbitrary factionalism and the court of public opinion( the commercial market). In short, the fall of metal is also to be blamed on ourselves as well as being diluted musically artistically and spiritually. Oh folly to it all! Give os back our true metal!

“Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong, they are conflicts between two rights.”- GWF Hegel

Last edited:
Did you actually just quote Hegel trying to justify your over-sentimentality about supposed true metal? Not to mention you're calling this a Faustian tragedy. I don't like many of the things you seem to despise either, but this an entirely inordinate load of pretentious hoopla. Particularly given there's no objective measure of what is and isn't great in music or art.