Feb 29, 2008
no CLASSICS please

sign of the cross
sun and steel
purgatory
judas be my guide
another life

I like this thread.

Sun and Steel (best chorus EVER just about)
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Run Silent Run Deep
Sea of Madness
Innocent Exile (does this count?)

EDIT: throw Wasting Love in there somewhere too

Sun and Steel (best chorus EVER just about)
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Run Silent Run Deep
Sea of Madness
Innocent Exile (does this count?)

EDIT: throw Wasting Love in there somewhere too

THUMBS UP, you get to replace afraid with wasting love because afraid is a song they used to play live a lot and so forth and most people count it as one of the best songs on fotd i think. anyway i completely agree that wasting love is great and also NON-GAY. it has long been my position that fear of the dark should have been a mini-album with this tracklist: be quick or be dead/wasting love/afraid to shoot strangers/judas be my guide/fear of the dark (i HATE fear of the dark for being overplayed as HELL but technically it is a decent song)

i agree with the rest of the above too, i just agree with my own choices even more. i love the chorus and pre-chorus bits of sea of madness (10/10), i think the verses kinda let it down a little bit (8/10).

War Ensemble said:
Sun And Steel
Another Life
Flash Of The Blade
Hooks In You
Prowler

if any of these are considered classics, I would probably substitute in:

Purgatory

ya you get to switch out "prowler" i think, that's too commonly praised

anyway i agree with all of these except "hooks in you" because that song is pretty lame honestly.

murders in the rue morgue
22 acacia avenue
deja-vu
another life
2 minutes to midnight (kind of).

LOL at ranking SECTIONS of songs out of 10. Then again I can't say anything. I just added up how many "growling sections" (in minutes) there are on Turn Loose The Swans and, based on the length of the album, came up with a percentage. It's 13%. Ergo, can it really be considered "death doom"? (Lamest attempt at a threadjack ever?)

"Two Minutes To Midnight"? Uhhh.... I think most would consider that a classic.

LOL at ranking SECTIONS of songs out of 10. Then again I can't say anything. I just added up how many "growling sections" there are on Turn Loose The Swans and, based on the length of the album, came up with a percentage. It's 13%. Ergo, can it really be considered "death doom"? (Lamest attempt at a threadjack ever?)

you know what i would consider that album

well and truly fucking bollocks is what it is

AS THE FLOWER WITHERS all up in dis hizzouse

totally

especially the soundhouse tapes version

this song has the only solo i really like, i usually don't care about guitar solos

Yep, that version is great. Good thing they dug it out for The best of the beast, deluxe edition.

one that is almost up there is "JUDGEMENT DAY" from the x-factor japan bonus disc

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBpV6xv9TPI&fmt=18[/ame]

^ for those of you who haven't heard it. this rules