The Food Thread - Thanksgiving Edition

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
So this being a food forum and all, I'm surprised no one made a thanksgiving meal thread yet. Discuss what you ate to celebrate the white man coming to the new world and slaughtering all the natives!

Last night was a pre-thanksgiving meal at my mothers which consisted of the standard turkey, mashed potatoes, squash, stuffing fair.
This morning had scrambled eggs and awesome homemade blueberry muffins. Fantastic.

At my father's tonight, apparently he's makin' some steaks. I shall post on that later

Turkey
Sausage stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Boiled yams
I made some kickass coleslaw
Honey biscuits
Shredded bussell sprouts and bacon (awesome)
Escarole and meatball soup

For Dessert..
Pumpkin cheesecake
Lemon blueberry pie
Pecan pie

Probably not going to be able to eat. Been feeling bad since I got up and have to go to work anyway.

crab dip brought by my dad's friend

turkey
macaroni & cheese
mashed potatoes
stuffing
steamed carrots
corn
rolls
salad

there was gross green bean cassarole and lima beans that i didn't eat

pumpkin pie for dessert

I hope you feel better David. :( that sucks, I hope they have lots of left overs for you to nom on later.

Our line up, this was also the first T giving dinner we had in years, either we had it later, Alex got sick one time, or we it was just him and myself, and all he wanted was steak, lol which was good, but seriously, all he wanted was the steak that one year.

a 12 pound turkey
stuffing
mashed taters
gravy
corn
salad
cranberry relish (was awesome!)
whole wheat crusty rolls <3
Apple pie
chocolate lava cake.

I did miss having sweet potatoes or yams. I'm the only person that likes them in the house. I wish we had my grandmothers green beans too. But, I got enough to eat, I feel like falling asleep now.

Let's see, over at my aunt's house I had turkey & dressing, ham, broccoli & cheese, peas, crescent rolls, corn spoon bread (that Derick made), pecan pie, and pumpkin cheesecake. The options were about 10 times as much as that though.

I am now at home having more turkey and dressing, and some cheesey mixed vegetables. Oh yeah, had apple pie for breakfast, and will likely have more apple pie tonight. The way I see it I'll just be well-fueled for an epic workout tomorrow :kickass: