The Food Thread - Thanksgiving Edition

Pre-meal: Baked fontina cheese balls

Main: Home made crab cakes w/ Sriracha dipping sauce
Asparagus
Twice baked potatoes with bacon and cheddar
Rolls

Dessert: Punkin' Pie

Although I miss the massive "day after lunch", I don't miss the week of forced noshing afterward so as not to waste food.

Um, I think this was everything.

Chili with chips and cheddar cheese
Antipasto
chicken nuggets (for the little kids.....and me)

Corn chowder ( no one knows why they made it but my mom said my dad asked, he said no he didn't, then my mom said my niece asked who didn't have any )
Ham
Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
corn
corn bread
some sort of squash made stuffing, don't know but it was good.

Apple pie
pumpkin pie
Fruit of the Forest pie ( really just a bunch of fruit and stuff )
" Ice box cake " chocolate pudding, layer of graham cracker and then vanilla pudding. This was demanded as it has been a part of every thanksgiving since I was a kid and I threatened to cancel all festivities if it wasn't made.
Ice cream birthday cake

Might have been more but I can't remember. Since my mom cooks professionally you can be sure everything kicked major ass.

Corn chowder ( no one knows why they made it but my mom said my dad asked, he said no he didn't, then my mom said my niece asked who didn't have any )

Al's Mom was just telling me that her Dad would demand a ham be made every year, yet he would always eat the turkey.

Wow, fruit of the forest pie sounds really nom nom. Your house had an epic spread.

Al's Mom was just telling me that her Dad would demand a ham be made every year, yet he would always eat the turkey.

Wow, fruit of the forest pie sounds really nom nom. Your house had an epic spread.

Yeah, EPIC is the word to use. It is not just the number of dishes but the quantity of each food item.
We've had 60 people for a sit down thanksgiving meal at my parent's house.
I have an extremely large family. My mom is one of 14 children, add to that spouses etc. I have 29 first cousins, then of there is second cousins, boy/girlfirends etc. Fuckin place is a mod scene...in more ways than one.

Belated thanksgiving food in the works! I just put my first loaf of acorn bread in the oven!!!! I harvested about 10lbs of acorns before Halloween, which were dried, cracked, extracted, mashed, leached for 8 days, boiled, strained and mixed with yummy ingredients. Err, I hope this turns out ok...

Let us pray..

Btw, the acorn meal is bland-ish with a sweet aftertaste. I'm going to make a pate for crackers with the leftovers!!

Good new: It tastes AMAZING
Bad news: The middle absolutely refused to cook. WTF

I guess It'll be a type of bread pudding, then?
*adds a banana*