The Fourth Dimension

Nov 1, 2005
MN
I've been meaning to buy this album for a long time but I have a few questions regarding its release that you guys may be able to help me out with. On the CMdistro site it has two versions listed as the ( digi ) which is supposeably the us release and the ( reissue ) which is the one with the few extra bonus tracks. I was wondering when they each came out and when the original came out.

Terrordome said:
That is Peter's least favorite album.

Yeah well I read Catch 22 was his favorite album so that doesn't really count for much. The genius that created them seems doesn't seem to know his best work.

that was then i think ull find that virus is his favorite album and the reason why the fourth dimension is his least favorite album is because of the production and there are some killer tracks on that album like reborn, the fourth dimension, and the north wind

yes, peter doesn't like the sound and they recorded some songs played wrong ;)
but it's the album that turned me into an hypocrite and it is till my favorite one.

Apocalypse, Black Forest, Path to Babylon... some of my all time favorites!

webster said:
that was then i think ull find that virus is his favorite album and the reason why the fourth dimension is his least favorite album is because of the production and there are some killer tracks on that album like reborn, the fourth dimension, and the north wind

Its one of my least favorate as well. Peter couldnt stand the production on it (I cant stand it either). I read an interview from around 2000 saying that Peter was going into that studio with the vision of an album that had the production quality of Carcass-Heartwork, but the producer they used on that album had no idea what the hell he was doing. I think it was that experience that motivated Peter to make his own studio and become a producer.

very interesting...and I agree as well...
the 4th dimension has some awesome songs, but the sound itself was...sterile

as for Heartwork, its a great album, well produced...but I dont like it as much as necroticism, descanting the insalubrious

I suppose thats understandable. You can definitely hear the difference between the original fourth dimensiona and the re-recorded ( 10 years of chaos and confusion ) one.

and espeicaily when you play abducted after as well but i think the fourth dimension still is good apart from the production, its quite difrent from penatrailia and osculum obscenum though.