PAIN Seek New Label, Delay Fourth Album - Dec. 28, 2003

thewendy

the webmistress
PAIN mainman Peter Tägtgren (HYPOCRISY) has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"Hello everybody!

"As most of you know, I've been out with my other band HYPOCRISY from Sept.-Dec. and had no time to finish up the new PAIN CD, so I will start after the New Year and change label so I can get a worldwide release. I'm so fuckin' tired of not getting it out everywhere! And I can't go on tour cause I have no back-up from the label outside of Sweden, so when the label have stopped fuckin' around and I have sign with the new record company I will be back with a new album and world tour to support it. You will be the first to know.

"Hope you understand."

Among the tracks tentatively set to appear on the follow-up to 2002's "Nothing Remains The Same" are the following:

01. Tear It Up
02. Don't Count Me Out
03. The Table Has Turned
04. Stay Away
05. Misery
06. The Third Wave

As previously reported, PAIN had postponed plans to record a full-length album of covers after Tägtgren completed 18 new original numbers that he deemed to be "musically stronger" than the material ear-marked for the proposed collection of cover versions.

let's say i don't really like the label's philosophy and it's ideologic background, it's just too childish in my opinion ...
with hypocrisy it's no problem, but the hype every fucking band, just look at dimmu borgir's "death cult armageddon" and the tv-spot ... "... perhaps the best metal album in the world" ... argh, suckers :D

Hehehe... yeah, that´s true. But be glad you don´t understand the Finnish language, ´cause you are spared from Spinefarm´s advertisement-crap! The guy who makes up those lines should be strangled to death!
But BTW hasn´t there been some shit with metalblade and King Diamond´s tours... So "No" to metalblade as well.

i don't really like king diamond, so it doesn't matter to me :Spin:

hm ... centruy media is not bad too, hypocrisy, cryptospy and impaled would be a fucking amazing billing for a tour :worship:

perhaps morbid records, deathvomit records, necropolis records, relapse records ... hold on, we're talking bout pain :loco: ... i guess i'ts gonna be nuclear blast ;)

Sounds unbelievabel, a band like Pain got problems in finding a decent label and then u see tons of shitty bands coming out with shitty albums ( who said Osmose ?!?! :p ). About Roadrunner, now Cradle of filth signed for them...i don't really understand how they could fit in that band roaster, but business is business ( to be honest, ten years ago, with Sepultura, Death, Obituary, Malevolent creation, Pestilence, Morgoth, Deicide & c. Roadrunner ruled !!! )

Miogaror said:
( to be honest, ten years ago, with Sepultura, Death, Obituary, Malevolent creation, Pestilence, Morgoth, Deicide & c. Roadrunner ruled !!! )
you've forgotten the most essencial band ... type o negtive
but i agree with you ;)

moreover, nuclear blast also wasn't bad when the started back in ... 87', i guess?

VilenesS said:
you've forgotten the most essencial band ... type o negtive
Indeed!

I think Pain would find a huge audience if given worldwide support. Nothing Remains the Same was plenty accessible without being typical pop garbage, if that makes sense. :loco:

I'd vote for code666, that label rules, and has quite the varied line-up. Manes, Negura Bunget, Aborym, Unmoored, etc. It's kinda hard to find their stuff in the US though... :erk:

NAD said:
I think Pain would find a huge audience if given worldwide support. Nothing Remains the Same was plenty accessible without being typical pop garbage, if that makes sense. :loco:
that's really true, well, at least the "tr00est mainstream metal" :Spin:

ps: aborym are great .... attila :D
"fuuuuuuuuuuuuuneeeeeeeeeerrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal .... FOG!"

VilenesS said:
ps: aborym are great .... attila :D
"fuuuuuuuuuuuuuneeeeeeeeeerrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal .... FOG!"
Oh wow, didn't know that. I only have one Aborym promo and I'm new to Mayhem though, so why would I? :D

centinex said:
wasnt the first pain cd on nuclear blast? rest were on stockholm i think
Yep as far as I know.

I only just noticed they have 'Bodom, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Norther and Rammstein there on Stockholm too -under their International artists. While Pain looks like the only metal under Swedish artists, and they all look like real commercial/poppy stuff (I could be wrong).

Some decent label should be snapping Peter's hand off for Pain -and based on the evidence to date allow him to do whatever he wants with it.