PAIN Get 'Harder' And 'Groovier' On Fourth Full-Length Album

thewendy

the webmistress
- May 22, 2003

Sweden's PAIN, the band led by acclaimed metal producer and HYPOCRISY frontman Peter Tägtgren, have finished recording all the music for their fourth full-length album, tentatively due in the fall through Stockholm Records. An as-yet-undetermined single will surface in August/September.

Among the tracks set to appear on the follow-up to last year's "Nothing Remains The Same" are the following:

01. Tear It Up
02. Don't Count Me Out
03. The Table Has Turned
04. Stay Away

Of the new material, Tägtgren said: "This new album will be 'harder' than the previous one and more guitars. To sum it up: a groovier album! . . . It's more meaty, and more 'nu-metal' [than the previous albums] — like KORN when they are at their absolutely heaviest. It will still sound like PAIN, [but it will be] heavier and more brutal with an updated sound, [featuring] drum loops and the type of synthesizer sounds that are bordering on hip hop. But don't worry — I won't start rapping."

As previously reported, PAIN had postponed plans to record a full-length album of covers after Tägtgren completed 18 new original numbers that he deemed to be "musically stronger" than the material ear-marked for the proposed collection of cover versions.

PAIN's next gig will take place on July 5 at the Peace and Love Festival in Borlänge, Sweden.

Cool, looking forward to it. Maybe this time I won't have to search for an overpriced used copy like the previous three, but I doubt it.

Even thought i dont like Pain very much, i think i see what Peter is trying to do, he has always done death metal and i think he did pain just to change the style of music and write more simple songs. He is good at making pop music as he is good at making death metal, i think its ok to do both

nergal_S said:
Even thought i dont like Pain very much, i think i see what Peter is trying to do, he has always done death metal and i think he did pain just to change the style of music and write more simple songs. He is good at making pop music as he is good at making death metal, i think its ok to do both
Sort of, I think Peter is such a multi-talented man he wants to challenge himself to see what he can do at all levels. And he likes diferent types of music himself so there's no reason to limit himself with 1 band when he is capable of so much more. And there's also some of us who love it as well as Hypocrisy, so why not?:loco:

It's suppose it's hard to do live when it's so techno based but I think they do it well. Fans always want to see bands in person even if the music is all made synthetically.
And however shit the sound system is Peter always delivers the goods as charismatic front man.
Don't get me wrong your all entitled to your opinion - that's mine:)

Hate Fever said:
Peter is a natural talent but Pain sucks....the best of pain is peter!But i also think his voice is really different from Hypocrisy but not that good..i dislike pain!

have you heard the second album?Rebirth?
it's the best.

about the news.....Peter is a Genius when it comes to making music....but.......those news didn't sound good to me.

AS long as it doesn't sound like e-type.
Pain did really did go out with the previous album

thewendy said:
- May 22, 2003

Sweden's PAIN, the band led by acclaimed metal producer and HYPOCRISY frontman Peter Tägtgren, have finished recording all the music for their fourth full-length album, tentatively due in the fall through Stockholm Records. An as-yet-undetermined single will surface in August/September.

Among the tracks set to appear on the follow-up to last year's "Nothing Remains The Same" are the following:

01. Tear It Up
02. Don't Count Me Out
03. The Table Has Turned
04. Stay Away

Of the new material, Tägtgren said: "This new album will be 'harder' than the previous one and more guitars. To sum it up: a groovier album! . . . It's more meaty, and more 'nu-metal' [than the previous albums] — like KORN when they are at their absolutely heaviest. It will still sound like PAIN, [but it will be] heavier and more brutal with an updated sound, [featuring] drum loops and the type of synthesizer sounds that are bordering on hip hop. But don't worry — I won't start rapping."

As previously reported, PAIN had postponed plans to record a full-length album of covers after Tägtgren completed 18 new original numbers that he deemed to be "musically stronger" than the material ear-marked for the proposed collection of cover versions.

PAIN's next gig will take place on July 5 at the Peace and Love Festival in Borlänge, Sweden.

I actually liked Pain before Hypocrisy... I got into Pain when the video for "Shut Your Mouth" was released. Anyways, I really really like Pain. And it can't be all that bad, since it got me into Hypocrisy aswell.