Pain- Psalms of Extinction (new album)

Master_Debater

Usurper of the Goat
Jan 19, 2004
Olympia, WA & Dallas, TX
www.garageband.com
PAIN, the Swedish band led by HYPOCRISY mastermind Peter Tägtgren, has set "Psalms of Extinction" as the title of its fifth full-length album, due in the Nordic countries on April 18 via Roadrunner Records (May 7 in the rest of Europe). Guest musicians on the album include Mikkey Dee (MOTÖRHEAD, ex-DON DOKKEN, KING DIAMOND) on "Zombie Slam" (audio), CHILDREN OF BODOM frontman Alexi Laiho on the epic song "Just Think Again" (playing lead guitar), and Anders Iwers (IN FLAMES) on two songs (playing bass). A video for the song "Zombie Slam" will be shot in Los Angeles by Ralf Strathmann late February. Ralf previously worked as a director for artists like CHILDREN OF BODOM, APOCALYPTICA and SOILWORK. He is also a photographer for such bands as H.I.M., AEROSMITH and BLINK 182, to name but a few. According to a press release, the upcoming CD will feature sharper production, "heavier guitars, massive string movements and even more in-your-face vocals."

PAIN originally signed to Universal (Stockholm Records) in 1999 where the band achieved substantial sales, backed up with European touring activities with IN FLAMES, TIAMAT, ATROCITY and THEATRE OF TRAGEDY, among others.

Since PAIN leader Peter Tägtgren appeared on the music scene back in the early Nineties he has been a most extraordinary artist and producer. Known as guitarist and frontman of the hard-working touring band HYPOCRISY, he has also built a career as a producer, having worked with such bands as CELTIC FROST, IMMORTAL, DESTRUCTION, DIMMU BORGIR, DARK FUNERAL, and MARDUK, among others. Tägtgren has also delivered scores and made cameo appearances in many Swedish hit films, including "Sleepwalker", "Nolltolerans" and "Exit".

PAIN's latest album, "Dancing with the Dead", debuted at position No. 3 on the Swedish album chart in January 2005. The follow-up to 2002's "Nothing Remains the Same" was released in continental Europe in March 2005.

Heard it...amazing album...but...at first, it isn't accsesible as DWTD or any previous Pain album, it need few more spins to became perfect,and now I can see clearly...Peter really ran out of ideas...man..lyrics are copy/paste from dancing with the dead...but take me seriously, in 2-3 songs he is really saying exact the SAME word lines as he does on previous album...anyway, great, good listen album :kickass:

No, he has got many great ideas he is using in this album. But this album combines the best things of the previous ones to one album.

Well,as a said,I adore this album, no mistake by that...but don't like that he is saying 3 or 4 time exact the same text...but,hm,yes,as I adore that lines in Dancing With The Dead, I must here too:)

Sorry but I'll have to disagree with you haters!! In my opinion I like it. I like it alot! More synths this time around make the songs more catchy! There are different tones all around but the synths definitely stand out! Although when I played the first track I thought it was NIN. But listening to the whole album seems like Peter melded all previous Pain releases into this one album!!! As a fan, I await and hope for a US Tour!!! PETER TAGTGREN IS GOD!!!! :worship: :headbang: :kickass: :Smug: So far my favorites are "Nailed to the Ground" and "Zombie Slam."

this album is great!!! totally great! its the most mature and overall interesting PAIN album yet. Tons of new sounds and styles. It has many different moods throughout it which is awesome. each song is like a chapter to a book. previous pain albums could sometimes tend to run together after the bigger hit-type songs were over. i think tagtren really hit the nail on the head with this one

10/10