Pain- Psalms of Extinction (new album)

Now I just want to say: BOTTLE'S NEST,NAILED TO THE GROUND,WALKING THROUGH GLASS,PSALMS OF EXTINCTION and DOEAS IT REALLY METTER!!! But anyway, there is no bad song on album...perfect!!But I stand behind that the lyrics ali almost the same :)

ok wow, no doubts it is a good album
I dont think it sounds that much like REBIRTH, at first I thought it was very similar to Dancing with the dead but after several listenings...I think it goes beyond that, the sound has evolved, it takes a couple of times to notice it.

my faves are Psalms of extinction and just think again, and these tracks are not only good, but breathtaking
bbut so far I dont like Bitch and computer god (so silly)

a few songs i like are

zombie slam
clouds of ecstacy
bottles nest
nailed to the ground

i like rebirth better, but its a matter of opinion and i dont have the power to criticize since i dont have the skill peter possess.

i dont have the power to criticize since i dont have the skill peter possess.

euh wtf?
cmon if I end up being chopped in 2 by a doctor for a single routine check, I THINK I will criticize him even tho Im no doctor huh :Smug:

WE are the customers, WE pay for the music (in theory hehehe) so WE have the right to say yay or nay, and we are entitled to our opinions

if you will that Rebirth is a better album than the last (which I agree with) then feel free to yell it on the roofs if you feel like it :headbang:

that said, Psalms of extinction is a great album, but like Nothing remains the same and Dancing with the dead I cannot listen to it entirely....it becomes similar and redundant at the end...but this album has more powerful moments than the previous 2, so I would say that it IS the best Pain album Ive heard appart from Rebirth

Props to Pete, the man that will NEVER be out of ideas :kickass:

word up Supernova. if Catch 22 has taught us nothing else, it's that Peter may walk many paths but that doesn't mean he's lost his way.

seriously, JUST THINK AGAIN gives me the same type of chills down the spine that Slippin away and paled empty spheres did! :danceboy:

powerful lyrics too

"have you ever seen a child die?
Did you even know he exists?"

i hate fan ignorance. you dont have to buy anything!

and by the way; catch 22 is one of the best hypocrisy albums hands down. it just got released at a bad time and because he made a statement about slipknot metal fans shit on the album.

it is short, catchy and a nice breath of fresh air for the hypocrisy discography

anyway. just think again is a completely awesome song

my god That sentence nearly killed me until I got to "(playing bass)" and sighed relief

I'm not sure I understand. Anders Iwers is a bass player. If you thought it was Anders Friden (the vocalist for In Flames), then I understand.

Anders Iwers is the brother of In Flames bassist Peter Iwers. But not the vocalist for In Flames, and as far as I know, not a vocalist at all.

not on the next album but I think ON YOUR KNEES is an awesome song...heard it from live is overrated

is the 1997 album as good as the on your knees track?

I heard that songs (Nailed Through The Ground, Zombie Slam) and I say "No, I didn't like it!" Now I will think for many times before buying this album. Those songs I have heard cannot be compaired neither with "Reberth" nor with "Dancing With...". Those albums are very good, catchy and strong and every song on them is unique, not coping neither text nor melodie from the privious. I disliked that gothic rock and pop-stuff choirs that are represented and I don't find it's interesting. Maybe someone who prefers more "lighter" music can enjoy this stuff but not that one who admires Hypocrisy as death metal monster and Pain as band which reaches new level of heaviness from album to album.

I heard that songs (Nailed Through The Ground, Zombie Slam) and I say "No, I didn't like it!" Now I will think for many times before buying this album. Those songs I have heard cannot be compaired neither with "Reberth" nor with "Dancing With...". Those albums are very good, catchy and strong and every song on them is unique, not coping neither text nor melodie from the privious. I disliked that gothic rock and pop-stuff choirs that are represented and I don't find it's interesting. Maybe someone who prefers more "lighter" music can enjoy this stuff but not that one who admires Hypocrisy as death metal monster and Pain as band which reaches new level of heaviness from album to album.

You can't judge it from 2 songs.