Pain- Psalms of Extinction (new album)

.Maybe someone who prefers more "lighter" music can enjoy this stuff...but not that one who admires Hypocrisy as death metal monster and Pain as band which reaches new level of heaviness from album to album.

Doesn't matter if its heavy, monstrous, whatever. If it's got Peter Tagtgren it's definitely gonna sound good!!! :kickass: :headbang: :worship:

Tumn
Yes, I can. There were two promo-songs from "Dancing with..." and it sounded great like the whole album. The main line was clear. I'm sure, the same with "Psalms...". I trust my own taste, it has never let me down.

hybridwar
Very narrow way of thinking, I should say. A kind of fanatism adjoining with stupidity.

The entire album is not like those 2 songs, they are all different. So I know that just by going off those 2, it isn't clear how the others will sound because I have the whole album and I love it.

The most awful thing for me is that Peter has left working on Hypocrisy for too long time. And there is no any chance to hear new masterpiece in 2007. Very sad and despaired of it.

shamateur
:lol: :lol: :lol: you must be in touch with your feminine side!!! narrow way of thinking???....what is there to think about when all you want to do is listen to music???? the good music that Peter puts out??? no reason to scrutinize all the details about monstrous guitars, blazing melodies and all that crap. by the way I looked up "fanatism" and its not a real word.
HYPOCRISY RULES!!!!!

hybridwar
You said, everything that Peter puts out sounds good. And I say "no"! First of all Peter is a man, his taste can change from time to time, and now we can see perfectly other stuff than we heard on previous albums. Maybe even for new category of listeners.
I know that Peter at first satisfies himself by composing music and I'm not crying that he is betrayer or smthn' else. I'm just saying what I say. )))

Supernova
Maybe those two pretty gothgirls from live crew influenced on him? ;-)))

and by the way; catch 22 is one of the best hypocrisy albums hands down. it just got released at a bad time and because he made a statement about slipknot metal fans shit on the album.

what was the statement that he made about slipknot???

SHAMATUER
The way I see it, it's all about music!!! I know Peter is the man behind the evolution of Hypocrisy but I like the music much more. Isn't this what its about. Who cares if his tastes change. That should'nt affect anyone in the world. But... if he puts out some country album....than that would be a different story my friend!!!:D

what was the statement that he made about slipknot???

i remember reading in a metal maniacs magazine that he said he was a fan of slipknot and thought they were cool dudes and respected what they were doing.

but, he also did say that he cant sit down and listen to a whole slipknot album at one time (of course, who can?)

i know that stirred up some shit comparisons after he said that though no big deal

lol stay on topic guys this is supposed to be all about psalms of extinction or AT LEAST PAIN :p

Shamateur, I think the 2 ladies left the band cuz it was too complicated to stay in it anymore...like they come from different countries or something like this

hybridwar
Music he creates depends on his tastes, my friend. And it's a main matter! ;))

Supernova
Hm... It was very original to invite two chikcs in such band.

shamateur
he isn't married to you? is he? you aren't making any sense so I'll just let you ramble on......