New Pain album

herrrr, a live album
Peter says he is already in pre prod of this album so it makes no sense

I have no idea how all of this works, but I got the info from the live guitarist's myspace

And talking about summer festivals, I have been to Hellfest (4 times), Graspop (last 2 years) and With Full Force (once, it's in Germany).
For me the best one is the Hellfest, but the fact that all of my friends go there (as it's about 1 hours drive from my place) might help! Otherwise a lot of people are complaining about the Wacken lately, it's becoming to big, but I personally think that if there is one festival to go to it would be this one, it's a real experience to live! But it doesn't interest me though, the main reason is that I have the opportunity to do 2 festivals in June and after I work the whole of July and August, so it doesn't really bother me that I can't go there.
After you could look at the line up's to help your decision, the Brutal Assault had a awesome brutal line up last year (for a lot of people it was the best festival line up last summer). There is also the Metal Camp gives you the opportunity to have some metal holidays as it lasts a week and there are only 7 bands a day (or something like that)

This year we are going to go to the Hellfest then the Graspop with a stop in Amsterdam between both festivals, like we have been doing the last couple of years, and it's quite good :)

And for now Hypocrisy has only announced 2 summer festivals, Arvika Festivalen (SWE, 15 july) and Summer Breeze (GER, 19 august)

Krgfn : I really doubt Peter would have to work on pre prod + lock himself in the abyss afterward for a live DVD.

He never mentionned he would need to do such things for the Hypocrisy live DVD that will be recorded in Sofia isnt it?

besides, the official update clearly states an ALBUM.

So I dont think the info you gathered from live guitarist is accurate at all.

just my 2 cents :saint:

Well as I said I have no idea how all of this stuff works, but the guitarist is talking about a live CD (which has nothing to do with a live DVD) "the picture is the fundamental thing on a DVD. You put a completely different effort when recording a live CD album."

So there he talks about a live ALBUM too :heh: ;)

Oh well I guess time will tell us :) (and I will try and find out more asap ;) )

But the thing that surprises me is that he would only do this "one" (eur + US + south America) tour for Hypo, they did at least 5 for the Virus album and they need to do the touring to get there fans back!

summerbreeze. got my ticket yet :headbang:

with hypocrisy there is dark funeral the main attraction for me. i hope peter will take masse on stage for an old school song or shit like this :worship:

summerbreeze. got my ticket yet :headbang:

with hypocrisy there is dark funeral the main attraction for me. i hope peter will take masse on stage for an old school song or shit like this :worship:

Peter can growl EXACTLY like Masse if he wants (he did it on the past). still is a nice idea but I doubt Caligula can do those low growls anymore.

masse still can do low vocals like he did at hypocrisy and other low vocals like is now doing for dark funeral.

and peter cant sound like masse. he sounds great and brutal, but masse's vocals were very individual

i like the idea of Masse on stage with Hypocrisy for 1 or 2 tunes... one from each album he was on... something like this would be brutal!!

:OMG:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a Napalm Death gig last saturday, stupid thing is the last train left before the band went on stage so I only got the see the opening acts (Anaal Nathrakh, The Rotted and Warlord)

Missed them that time at the Hellfest too, they were giving out free JD & coke so I stayed at the bar :D