The future is here

I'm talking purely about Dyson vacuums vs. Oreck vacuums. What Dyson invented here with the bladeless fan is unique, but if it's like his other products, it will be built like complete shit (and cost a fortune.)

Well, i dont think anyone in this thread is interested in his vacuums at all, so what does Oreck have to do with it? ;)

Dude. Those fans are badass. You gotta go to Best Buy and check that thing out. It's like a gigantic tube of air blowing that is wicked cold.

ps. And about the sweat shops in 3rd world countries: go and ask the workers if they prefer to work in the sweat shop, or prostitute themselves on the streets, or die of hunger - it is a lesser evil.

Many of them still prefer prostitution. Even in 1st world countries, some people still prefer prostitution. That's the way it has been and the way it will be forever.

Even apes prefer prostitution:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/05/magazine/05FREAK.html?pagewanted=all

Concerning the fan, I just see a cool design that is great for children who like to put their fingers everywhere. In any case, it doesn't represent a step forward in engineering when used as a fan.

I want Dyson to re-invent the Fleshlight

all that talk about suction with his vacuums ... I think he's got something to offer

Besides, can you imagine the commercial for it? With that accent of his describing everything it would actually be something to be proud of owning. Instant credibility, like a status symbol or something

Lame!!! How are you supposed to yell into it and get the "robot voice" sound?

(never tried it? Go do it, you know you want to :p)