The Future of Music

alejandro

i can see it clearly...
Nov 10, 2002
nomad
nogz.info
After the the incredible show at Jaxx on friday nite, we proceeded to consume large quantities of beer and Jager shots/bombs. I had the chance to sneak a small and humble gift to all the members in Daylight Dies.

I don't suppose anyone has read this book here on their forum? It would be killer if you had -- or decide to pick up a copy -- so that we could discuss here. I think it would be a very thought provoking thread.

I'll leave you with some quotes that industry people have written.

"The Future of Music offers an enticing and provocative vision for the future of an industry in dire need of reinvention."
-Eric Beall, VP, Sony/ATV Music

"A must-read for musicians planning to survive the next five years."
-Mark Featherstone-Witty, CEO, The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts

"Most importantly, this is written directly for musicians and their fans, rather than business people in the music industry."
-Gary Burton, Grammy-winning vibraphonist

"The Future of Music clearly and succinctly explains what will happen to the way we consume music"
-Dave Goldberg, SVP and GM, Music, Yahoo!
FOM_front.gif

I think music has been ehausting itself for centuries.

At this very moment, what are we capable of showing the world by music? It's all been done already. Every innovation nowadays seems kinda trivial, kinda boring.
Along the last 2 centuries music has been developing as fast as humanity has. I have always deemed that music expresses what society has to tell the world.

And now, on the eve of 2007, our society has nothing new to show, it has run out of any new ideas. Ideas for life, ideas for development.

I hope it doesnt sound too epic, but I believe the topic is serious.

The 21st century itself started as a programme-boring and predictable. Little by little we all realize we've reached a point of emptiness. We realize we have nowhere to go. We have build our Empires-Europe, USA, The East, we have shown the world who can fight who, we have proved that human relations are no longer interesting or "a-must-solve" topic.

"The Future of Music" can be interpreted as The Future of Art in general, or The Future of The Spirit.
In grey world we live today-grey will be our music.

About the book: I have never heard of it. I hope I will find it soon.

you're pretty off topic here. not only do i strongly disagree, but i recommend the book to you more than ever. thanks for the response tho.

Yeah, I totally disagree with the person you quoted as well. Thank you so much for the book Alejandro -- I began reading on our drive from Jaxx to Troy. It's definitely right down the my ally. The book raises the critical discussion and analysis I've been waiting to read.. will have more in depth thoughts once I finish it..