The Gathering or Lacuna Coil?

• The Gathering

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Lacuna Coil

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
I used to like them both at relatively the same level, but over time, I appreciate The Gathering's material more. They have been more adventurous, Anneke's voice is better, she is very sultry when she wants to be. Plus, they don't have an annoying male vocalist destroying half of their catalog...

And that Sound Relief dvd is quite nice.

So, put it out there, The Gathering or Lacuna Coil? Anneke or Cristina? Which band backs the ladies better?

okay, I might of overreacted, but after seeing them for a 2nd time, and then talking to all the band members, and how awesome they are. It was just my first reaction. Since LC has gone all nu, its kind of hard to compare them.

Anneke :worship:

I'm listening to the new Gathering right now. Very laid back, with some beautiful passages and you can clearly hear the bits which will be emphasized sonically live. This is clearly a band in the business for a career rather than a quick cash-in.

Other than the musical approaches, it's interesting how the Dutchies are running their own label.

lizard said:
"A Noise Severe" is my early favorite. Rene never plays a stereotypical guitar solo but fills his spaces with chords, riffs and tones.

Man, I can't pick a favorite track. This new album is just great. I do find myself, however, often going to "Your Troubles Are Over".