The GRAMMIES are a Joke right...!!!!!??

waz416c

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
its not really a question...!!!....i know it.... heres the liste of latest nominies...!!!

Complete List Of Grammy Nominations

.......not that I was expecting Opeth in tehre......well that be laughable....Grammies actually nominationg opeth....but yeah....why do they alwyas oversee such a musical giant..!!!.....they are teh Zeppelin of our generation..!!!!........heck if tey can nominate teh pussyfuckingcatdolls fora vocla performance....!!!...feck it....PEAC EOUT

I didn't bother to look through that entire thing (didn't find anyone worth reading about).

Save for Enya, as Enya is fucking amazing.

Well, what do you expect? Metal and Hard rock are not the primary focus of the Grammies. Remember when Tull beat out Metallica? :OMG: At least Mastodon and Slayer make the list. Why would Opeth even be considered? GR was 2005.

A lot goes into Grammy nominations, one of which is sales. Even though GR sold semi-well, definitely didn't sell as well as other metal acts that you'd normally see nominated for a grammy. In short, the grammy's are worthless.

"Catsellorizon
David Gilmour
Track from: On An Island
[Columbia]"

Isn't that the intro to the album??? I mean, that short solo is nice 'n all, but come on, best instrumental???

Well sales aren't the only thing involved. There are panels that discuss shit and pick the winners, but yeah, definitely lame. And as for the instrumental thing, Adrian Belew's track "Beat box guitar" was up for it last year, god knows how. I mean its a decent song, but they just pick these odd songs by semi-known artists to win stuff like that.

Best New Artist
(For a new artist who releases, during the Eligibility Year, the first recording which establishes the public identity of that artist.)

I love this because it pretty much means that the artist could be 20 years old as long as they just got popular off something they released this year :lol:

if "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" doesn't win Best Male Group or whatever its nominated for I'm gonna cry

that song is GRRRREAT!

Fuck this monstrosity. These fuckers got more awards shows than decent records. These way overrated sham artists make phenominal amounts of money from album sales, and then must reward each other for the mundane, mediocre drek they create. Most of this is all watered-down bullshit. I think you have to really look and listen hard for any excellent musical contribution. All these so-called awards shows are built primarily on fuckin' greed.

Fuck this monstrosity. These fuckers got more awards shows than decent records. These way overrated sham artists make phenominal amounts of money from album sales, and then must reward each other for the mundane, mediocre drek they create. Most of this is all watered-down bullshit. I think you have to really look and listen hard for any excellent musical contribution. All these so-called awards shows are built primarily on fuckin' greed.

maybe the people making the decisions around there actually like this stuff?

Demilich, c'mon man. like i said, there probably are some worthy pieces of music, but the whole grammy system is built around the money being made, not quality material. How can you explain Tull winning best metal record over metallica in (i forget which yr it was). so, that to me destroys the notion that the people around there are making the CORRECT decisions. tull is an excellent band, but certainly are NOT metal. just my thoughts. could be i'm just overly cynical when it comes to this kind of stuff. i have always found these types of things repugnant.

I've never heard Jethro Tull but I'm pretty sure I like them more than Metallica. As to whether they're metal or not... makes me want to check them out!

I've never heard Jethro Tull but I'm pretty sure I like them more than Metallica. As to whether they're metal or not... makes me want to check them out!

When did that happen? Was it recently, like load/reload era? I heard the new album from jethro tull back in like 1998 or so and it sounded like sesame street with some moderately distorted guitars at times. Bad, bad stuff. I have avoided all their old stuff that actually is considered classic so that's all I know about htem.