The GRAMMIES are a Joke right...!!!!!??

you know what sickens me?

i see Underoath on that list... :-(

before they sold out and changed style/image, those dudes used to chill out and practice at my church...back when they were blackened death metal...not to mention, GOOD.

what does a blackened death metal band practice at a church?

if they were once just a black metal band they could practice arson, but blackened death... i am not so sure.

When did that happen? Was it recently, like load/reload era? I heard the new album from jethro tull back in like 1998 or so and it sounded like sesame street with some moderately distorted guitars at times. Bad, bad stuff. I have avoided all their old stuff that actually is considered classic so that's all I know about htem.

It was when And Justice was nominated

From Wikipedia:
Tull returned strongly with 1987's Crest of a Knave. With Vettese absent (Anderson contributed the synth programming) and the band relying more heavily on Barre's electric guitar than they had since the early 1970s, the album was a critical and commercial success. Shades of their earlier electronic excursions were still present, however, as three of the album's songs again utilized a drum machine. The band won the 1989 Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance, beating the favorite Metallica. The award was particularly controversial as many did not consider Jethro Tull hard rock, much less heavy metal. Under advisement from their manager, who told them they had no chance of winning, no one from the band turned up to the award ceremony.[1] In response to the criticism they received over the award, the band then took out an advert in a British music periodical with the line, "The flute is a heavy, metal instrument!".

if "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" doesn't win Best Male Group or whatever its nominated for I'm gonna cry

that song is GRRRREAT!

+1

Tbph, I would give Death Cab For Cutie every single award they were eligible to be nominated for.

As a matter of personal opinion, I think they're the best band operating today.

*EDIT* Out of those nominees, I want Gnarls Barkley for record of the year and Justin Timberlake for best album (I shit you not, it's fucking excellent). Nelly Furtado and Timbaland for category 8. Justin or Goldfrapp for category 12. Goldfrapp for 13. The Raconteurs for 16. Tool for 17. Meh, Mastodon for 18 I guess. Gilmour or Flaming Lips for 19. 'Chasing Cars' for 20 (and it's not one of the best songs on the album). Thom Yorke for 22. India Arie for 23. All fo the nominations for 31 are good. The Roots for 32. Justin for 33. Lupe Fiasco for 35. Diana Krall or Nancy Wilson for 46. Bob Dylan for 68. Matishyahu for 71. '10 000 Days' for 86. 'At War With The Mystics' for 90. Danger Mouse for 91, although the exclusion of Timbaland borders on offensive. Death Cab for 108.

Yeah, anyone who says there isn't a shitload of good stuff on that list is waaaaaay deluded.

From Wikipedia:
Tull returned strongly with 1987's Crest of a Knave. With Vettese absent (Anderson contributed the synth programming) and the band relying more heavily on Barre's electric guitar than they had since the early 1970s, the album was a critical and commercial success. Shades of their earlier electronic excursions were still present, however, as three of the album's songs again utilized a drum machine. The band won the 1989 Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance, beating the favorite Metallica. The award was particularly controversial as many did not consider Jethro Tull hard rock, much less heavy metal. Under advisement from their manager, who told them they had no chance of winning, no one from the band turned up to the award ceremony.[1] In response to the criticism they received over the award, the band then took out an advert in a British music periodical with the line, "The flute is a heavy, metal instrument!".
Thanx, man. I knew it was in the late 80's. I like Jethro Tull, very talented band, listen to "Thick as a Brick" for starters. I was just using that as an example of the horrible selections and incorrect decisions the Grammys make to buttress my complete disdain for this garbage. Every one has their own ideas about these things, and I find this whole process sickening.

Thanx, man. I knew it was in the late 80's. I like Jethro Tull, very talented band, listen to "Thick as a Brick" for starters. I was just using that as an example of the horrible selections and incorrect decisions the Grammys make to buttress my complete disdain for this garbage. Every one has their own ideas about these things, and I find this whole process sickening.

Actually, I think I beat you to the Tull vs. Metallica punch by a few posts, if you look back at the thread, so I know exactly what you mean.

Tool is nominated for best hard rock act!!! :kickass:

oh and 10.000 days for best Best Recording Package :D 10.000 days is an amazing album.

Btw Im Master Obvious :)

what does a blackened death metal band practice at a church?

if they were once just a black metal band they could practice arson, but blackened death... i am not so sure.

they were never a blackened death metal band, they were a really really piss poor attempt at metalcore/hardcore. then they started doing the whole post-hardcore thing, and are trying to do the heavy thing again. theyve failed at everything theyve done so far, ive heard, form all of their albums, one decent song.

Category 7

Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
(For established duos or groups, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

My Humps
The Black Eyed Peas
Track from: Monkey Business
[A&M Records]​

WTF! :puke:

+1

Tbph, I would give Death Cab For Cutie every single award they were eligible to be nominated for.

As a matter of personal opinion, I think they're the best band operating today.

*EDIT* Out of those nominees, I want Gnarls Barkley for record of the year and Justin Timberlake for best album (I shit you not, it's fucking excellent). Nelly Furtado and Timbaland for category 8. Justin or Goldfrapp for category 12. Goldfrapp for 13. The Raconteurs for 16. Tool for 17. Meh, Mastodon for 18 I guess. Gilmour or Flaming Lips for 19. 'Chasing Cars' for 20 (and it's not one of the best songs on the album). Thom Yorke for 22. India Arie for 23. All fo the nominations for 31 are good. The Roots for 32. Justin for 33. Lupe Fiasco for 35. Diana Krall or Nancy Wilson for 46. Bob Dylan for 68. Matishyahu for 71. '10 000 Days' for 86. 'At War With The Mystics' for 90. Danger Mouse for 91, although the exclusion of Timbaland borders on offensive. Death Cab for 108.

Yeah, anyone who says there isn't a shitload of good stuff on that list is waaaaaay deluded.

I guess I must be fucking deluded as hell then. Timbaland is horrible, and Death Cab for Cutie???? Aren't they an emo band??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I must be fucking deluded as hell then. Timbaland is horrible, and Death Cab for Cutie???? Aren't they an emo band??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

1) Timbaland is a visionary in his field, and has been for over 10 years. Back on form, IMO.

2) If you think Death Cab For Cutie are an emo band, you obviously haven't listened to them. And even if they were, you would still be well advised to listen to them before you pass jusgement. Obviously.

The vocals threw me off at first with Death Cab for sure, but I got over it. I still don't like some of the older stuff very much.

They're a good live band too!