The Great Deciever/WTS Evergrey Songs

Black Rain

Aug 1, 2004
New york
I love this song so much, and watching the skies. I never see EverGrey mention them in any interviews or see them play it live! Does anyone know where I could hear one of them live? I just bought the dvd and watched the entire thing, I never saw Tom's wife before. I can't believe how good the sound is and the scenery. Oh and can someone answer why patrick Isn't in the band anymore? I obviously knew this for a while but can't find out why. Thanks. :D

There is a bootleg recording of a live show in Gothenburg floating around the internet. The show was played on the radio a few years ago or so in Sweden I believe. Both the Great Deceiver and Watching the Skies are played. (and they both sound great) The live version of watching the skies is one of my favorite songs by Evergrey.

I think Partick left to focus more on family/personal life. But I'm not completely certain about that.

Black Rain said:
I love this song so much, and watching the skies. I never see EverGrey mention them in any interviews or see them play it live! Does anyone know where I could hear one of them live? I just bought the dvd and watched the entire thing, I never saw Tom's wife before. I can't believe how good the sound is and the scenery. Oh and can someone answer why patrick Isn't in the band anymore? I obviously knew this for a while but can't find out why. Thanks. :D

I myself could care a less that Patrick is gone. Jonas is doing and has done a Kick ass job. Even though he is a young artist, he has brought alot to EG. He completes the BEST EG line up yet! (And there better not be any changes damnit!!! :) )

I have both live songs and would be willing to send them to you on AIM if you have it. my screen name is Scotty1Time. I'll send them to anyone who requests, unless the band has a big problem with that and I'm told to stop. Its not from an album they released or anything so I don't think its a big problem....

I'm wondering if they've ever played In The Wake Of The Weary live? I got the DVD yesterday (amazing), and thought Carina would have been better to have been opposite Tom on In The Wake, not to mention its my favourite Evergrey song as well. I'm hoping they'll play it at Bloodstock, but I doubt it.