The Great NAPSTER Debate!!!

T

TRtwisted

I just need to know what everyone else thinks about NAPSTER, so I am asking. I happen to use it frequently! It has helped me to find some cool live SAXON stuff. As well as some songs I may have never gotten to hear due to the fact that the CDs they are on are SOOO hard to get.

I understand the issue about copyrights. But this arguement is not unlike the arguement about the dual cassette player back when they first came out. Anyone remember those days?!?! The record companies complained then that the recording of albums to cassettes by consumers would hurt record sales. Well here it is many years later and I am pretty sure we all still use our cassette recorders once in awhile.

CD-Burners and Mp3s are the same thing. It is the evolution of recording equipment that the industry will eventually have to embrace. Just like cassette recorders.

Does NAPSTER have a case? Are those of us who use it criminals? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Should METALLICA concentrate more on writing better albums then LOAD and RELOAD, instead of whining about copies of their songs being traded? Hehehehehehehehe! YES!!!

I think that NAPSTER should try again to work out a deal with the recording industry, as they did in the beginning. Maybe they should put a floating screen flashing advertisments just like other websites do. That way they can keep the site free to users and still make some money and pay a fee to the recording industry.

So what do we all think? I would like to know. Voice your opinions.

I view NAPSTER like cleavage. If it is there you are going to look at it!!!